Author Topic: report: Beto O'Rourke ate dirt with fabled regenerative powers after losing to Ted Cruz  (Read 1177 times)

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
O’Rourke, who in January launched a five-state road trip across the Southwest, found himself eating dirt told to possess “regenerative powers” during one stop in New Mexico, according to the Washington Post. The newspaper said he also brought some of the dirt back home to Texas for the family to eat, as well.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/03/19/report-beto-orourke-ate-dirt-with-fabled-regenerative-powers-after-losing-to-ted-cruz/

Robert Francis is weird.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline libertybele

O’Rourke, who in January launched a five-state road trip across the Southwest, found himself eating dirt told to possess “regenerative powers” during one stop in New Mexico, according to the Washington Post. The newspaper said he also brought some of the dirt back home to Texas for the family to eat, as well.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/03/19/report-beto-orourke-ate-dirt-with-fabled-regenerative-powers-after-losing-to-ted-cruz/

Robert Francis is weird.

Agreed, but it truly has me wondering how he came so close to beating Ted?
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Boy Jorge made Cruz, Beto has his backers too.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Beetle O'Rourke and the magic dirt!

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline austingirl

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
One part of Robert Heinlein's "Future History" was the Crazy Years, which moved around in the chronology but at one point was identified as having started in the 1960's. It's mentioned in "Methuselah's Children" that one of the things that developed in the Crazy Years was a fad for eating dirt (or clay.) So here is Beto giving us even more evidence that we're living in Heinlein's Crazy Years.  :shrug:
Let it burn.

Offline Polly Ticks

Hmmm.  Are we sure he's not pregnant?
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline libertybele

I think the only thing we can be sure of is that Robert Francis is a complete whack-a-do.  The guys isn't right and needs some serious psychological evaluations.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Smokin Joe

Maybe he 'identifies' as pregnant?

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline GrouchoTex

:cool:

That's funny!
Well done.

Offline austingirl

He's so beta, he just might be.

Online rustynail

He is Unstoppable.

Offline Victoria33

Agreed, but it truly has me wondering how he came so close to beating Ted?
@libertybele

He came close because he started campaigning early and went to every county in Texas - 254, more counties than any other state.  Early on, I saw he went to Longview, Texas, (Gregg county) 5 miles from where I was born - east Texas oil field country.  My father worked for Sun Oil Company all his adult life in Gregg County.  All the time I worked in politics, 10 years,  I never heard of any federal office holder going to Gregg County during their campaign.  Beto did.  I read the speech he gave there and it was typical Democrat give away programs for them if he got elected.

The other reason he came close to winning, was, which I knew was going to happen, Democrats turned out in large numbers in a non-presidential year.  They also did that at their primary - that many Democrats had never voted in a non-presidential year primary in Texas history after there were two parties in Texas.  When I saw their primary numbers, I knew elections were going to change in Texas.  More Democrats voting in a non-presidential election year, and Beto going to every county, made the election turn out the way it did in the US Senatorial Election.

Offline libertybele

@libertybele

He came close because he started campaigning early and went to every county in Texas - 254, more counties than any other state.  Early on, I saw he went to Longview, Texas, (Gregg county) 5 miles from where I was born - east Texas oil field country.  My father worked for Sun Oil Company all his adult life in Gregg County.  All the time I worked in politics, 10 years,  I never heard of any federal office holder going to Gregg County during their campaign.  Beto did.  I read the speech he gave there and it was typical Democrat give away programs for them if he got elected.

The other reason he came close to winning, was, which I knew was going to happen, Democrats turned out in large numbers in a non-presidential year.  They also did that at their primary - that many Democrats had never voted in a non-presidential year primary in Texas history after there were two parties in Texas.  When I saw their primary numbers, I knew elections were going to change in Texas.  More Democrats voting in a non-presidential election year, and Beto going to every county, made the election turn out the way it did in the US Senatorial Election.

I'm thinking that we could very well see a huge DEM turnout in 2020 and the same thing could happen.  Trump needs to expand his base, BIGLY!

Offline Smokin Joe

I'm thinking that we could very well see a huge DEM turnout in 2020 and the same thing could happen.  Trump needs to expand his base, BIGLY!
@Victoria33 I think what y'all are missing is a question of the 'community organizer' dynamic.

The Dems have changed their approach. Get out, beat the bushes, rally the masses, become known.

It used to be a standard in politics (the stump speech), kissing hands and shaking babies sort of thing. Show up at the local VFD and Church Dinners and fundraisers, not just target larger donors or more concentrated districts, but work all of it and get known. Make it feel more personal.

AOC, the Muslims in Congress, are a result of such tactics, and promising free everything.

What are the Republicans doing to counter the tactic?

C S Lewis

Offline Victoria33

@Victoria33 I think what y'all are missing is a question of the 'community organizer' dynamic.  The Dems have changed their approach. Get out, beat the bushes, rally the masses, become known.   It used to be a standard in politics (the stump speech), kissing hands and shaking babies sort of thing. Show up at the local VFD and Church Dinners and fundraisers, not just target larger donors or more concentrated districts, but work all of it and get known. Make it feel more personal.  AOC, the Muslims in Congress, are a result of such tactics, and promising free everything.
What are the Republicans doing to counter the tactic?
@Smokin Joe

"I think what y'all are missing is a question of the 'community organizer' dynamic." 
No, that is what I explained Beto did - he set up going to every county, talking to the leaders and to the people gathered at the local restaurants, having pre-planned set publicized meetings, etc.  He was "with" the people, community organizer method.  Yes, he promised a "chicken in every pot". (if you are old you have heard that phrase that originated during the "great depression", 1928, supposedly said/promised to the people by Republican President Herbert Hoover. 

Offline Smokin Joe

@Smokin Joe

"I think what y'all are missing is a question of the 'community organizer' dynamic." 
No, that is what I explained Beto did - he set up going to every county, talking to the leaders and to the people gathered at the local restaurants, having pre-planned set publicized meetings, etc.  He was "with" the people, community organizer method.  Yes, he promised a "chicken in every pot". (if you are old you have heard that phrase that originated during the "great depression", 1928, supposedly said/promised to the people by Republican President Herbert Hoover.
And two cars in every garage...

Beto wasn't the only one, AOC allegedly did, too. Now, the question is whether this sort of campaigning shifts some of the advantage back to the contenders, to the unemployed politicians who have perhaps more time to pound the pavement for votes while the incumbents should be doing their jobs instead of campaigning?

Or does it mean that the incumbents will do less as the campaign season seems to be stretching longer before the elections?

C S Lewis

Offline mountaineer

We know of his DUI history, but does anyone else wonder what drugs he's currently abusing?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Smokin Joe

We know of his DUI history, but does anyone else wonder what drugs he's currently abusing?
Magic Dirt! (must be a hallucinogenic fungus in there somewhere...)

C S Lewis

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
He ate Dirt.

Analysis beyond that point is fruitless.

Besides, it fits rite in with the Mother Gaia weirdness perfectly.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline mountaineer

Pica is an eating disorder that involves eating items that are not typically thought of as food and that do not contain significant nutritional value, such as hair, dirt, and paint chips. ...

Pica often occurs with other mental health disorders associated with impaired functioning (e.g., intellectual disability, autism spectrum disorder, schizophrenia).   ...
More from the National Eating Disorders Association

:laugh:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline skeeter

I've done this and can attest to its regenerative power. Immediately afterwards I caught a frog, jumped over the cat & threw a handful of pureed peas clear across the kitchen.

Offline GrouchoTex

I've done this and can attest to its regenerative power. Immediately afterwards I caught a frog, jumped over the cat & threw a handful of pureed peas clear across the kitchen.

Visualize Whirred Peas