Author Topic: The Democrats are about to hand a guaranteed 2020 election victory to Donald Trump on a plate  (Read 235 times)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/2020-election-democrats-donald-trump-presidential-candidates-a8832526.html

...As the Newtonian law states, for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. The Democrats’ desire to make such significant structural changes to our system of government and the Constitution will certainly get left-wing activists to open their checkbooks and make for great fodder on Twitter.

But it also creates a climate for President Trump, of all people, to behave like the reasonable candidate during the 2020 campaign. He will proclaim, "They just want to do all of this because I won." And he's right.

It's possible that former vice president Joe Biden enters the race and, instead of paying lip service to the more hot-headed activists, focuses on Trump blowing up norms and promises to bring back some semblance of normality within government along with an agenda that suburban voters will get behind.

But if the Democratic Party continues down the path of over-correcting, they may find themselves sitting in the audience, watching President Trump taking the oath of office for his second term.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
I'm just going to say that watching leftist heads explode once again is enough reason to vote for Trump.  And to re-emphasize that it is actual citizen voters, not media elites, not bureaucrats, and not the political class in general, that selects our elected leaders.  They apparently didn't get that message the first time around.

Offline skeeter

I'm just going to say that watching leftist heads explode once again is enough reason to vote for Trump.  And to re-emphasize that it is actual citizen voters, not media elites, not bureaucrats, and not the political class in general, that selects our elected leaders.  They apparently didn't get that message the first time around.

Several liberal commentators speculated that it was unanswered abuse of anyone who didn't fall into line behind Hillary by the media & leading progressives that put Trump in the White House. Those warnings have gone unheeded ever since.