General Category > Politics/Government

John McCain Was the Admiral of the Never Trump Movement

<< < (3/14) > >>

QueenCatofAragon:
I remember when Ted Cruz, Dana Loesch, Ben Shapiro, and others were Never Trump.   I don’t remember any of them saying they reported to McCain for orders. 

Gorka and his type just can’t bring themselves to admit that NeverTrump was an individual stance born of free thought & reasoning.  Maybe because he and his fellow hardcores have forgotten all about those concepts.

truth_seeker:

--- Quote from: Right_in_Virginia on March 21, 2019, 09:57:05 am ---yourselves.

I am losing respect for those who virtue signal conservative “principles”.  It’s turning out it’s not really about principles, but the messenger.  If you truly wanted to bring conservatism to life in the 21st Century you’d be on the Trump train, as repugnant as the accommodations may be to you.

--- End quote ---

The definition of and principles therein, changes to suit the the mment.

For example:  border wall and illegal immigrants:

--Once upon a time these "principles would rank fforemost,

--Yet today anti-Trumpers dismiss these "principles

Generally vocal "conservatives" now, don't care much about results; just lofty word salads full of rhetoric.

GrouchoTex:
Observation:

McCain, unwittingly, was one of the parents of the Trump movement, not the leader of the Never Trumpers.
He became so when he nominated Sarah Palin as his running mate in 2008.
Find a female political figure that is most like Trump and you'd be hard-pressed to find one other than Sarah Palin.
Palin did have experience as a governor, yet the MSM and the Establishment GOP, and Dems couldn't wait to take her down.

Sound familiar?

McCain just didn't like Trump, it's that simple.
Ego over results.

Love or hate McCain, and whether McCain liked or realized it or not, he helped with bringing a candidate along on the national stage, who was going in to fight the established norms.
Palin set the stage for Trump, and Palin would not have had that effect if McCain hadn't nominated her.
For all that like to ride them dang old trains, like the Trump train, and that hate McCain, you shouldn't.

Heck, you should thank him.

As far as the conservative argument goes, Trump has lower taxes, lowered regulations, nominated constitutional-minded judges, and moving things in the right direction for our veterans.
Great news.
Yet, the Debt still grows, and now family leave act is probably coming, and Obama-care is not only still in place, it hasn't been revisited.
Still not 100% sure where he stands on the dreamers.
Not so great news.

It's only starting year 3, things could change, hopefully, for the better, as far as conservatism goes, but it's not bad.

There's still work to be done.

roamer_1:

--- Quote from: truth_seeker on March 21, 2019, 04:57:22 pm ---The definition of and principles therein, changes to suit the the mment.

For example:  border wall and illegal immigrants:

--Once upon a time these "principles would rank fforemost,

--Yet today anti-Trumpers dismiss these "principles

Generally vocal "conservatives" now, don't care much about results; just lofty word salads full of rhetoric.

--- End quote ---

@truth_seeker
Y'all really have no clue what Conservative principles are at all, do you?

The border wall is not a principle, and never has been. Conservatives are unequivocally *for* a border wall, every one, and there is no doubt of that - But it is not a principle thing.

I am beginning to realize why no one will defend Tumpy by and upon Conservative principles... Y'all have no idea what they are, or what it even means.

catfish1957:

--- Quote from: roamer_1 on March 21, 2019, 06:40:28 pm ---
Y'all really have no clue what Conservative principles are at all, do you?

The border wall is not a principle, and never has been. Conservatives are unequivocally *for* a border wall, every one, and there is no doubt of that - But it is not a principle thing.

I am beginning to realize why no one will defend Tumpy by and upon Conservative principles... Y'all have no idea what they are, or what it even means.

--- End quote ---

Very true.....

Too me it is somewhere between Cult of Personality Disorder and Jedi Mind Tricks.

And somewhere along the way the time tested true concept of "Words have Consequences" have long fallen by the wayside.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version