Author Topic: Kamala Harris wants to use federal funds to augment teacher salaries  (Read 242 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
March 24, 2019
Kamala Harris wants to use federal funds to augment teacher salaries
By Rick Moran

I'm a little puzzled. Is there any Democratic candidate for president who has an idea that doesn't involve a massive increase in federal spending?

Kamala Harris isn't one of them. Harris has proposed using federal funds to augment teacher salaries, proposing "the largest federal investment in teacher salaries in the history of the United States."

Washington Examiner:

"We are a society that pretends to care about education, but not the education of other people's children. And we've got to deal with that," Harris told the crowd of 2,400 people. "We are not paying our teachers their value... That ain't right!"

"So I decided in Harris County today to unveil, to announce, for the first time publicly an initiative of what I'm proposing, which will be the largest federal investment in teacher salaries in the history of the United States," she said. "And I pledge to you that by the end of my first term we will have improved teacher salaries to close the pay gap because right now teachers are making over 10 percent less than other college-educated graduates."

Harris reacted to anticipated criticism over how she intended to finance her plan, saying the question should be what is the return on the investment.

"We have got to think about how we can bridge the gap between helplessness and hope," she said, quoting former President Lyndon Johnson who taught in Texas. "We have got to reject people that don't understand the importance of bridging gaps, and instead of building bridges want to build a wall that is a vanity project."

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2019/03/kamala_harris_wants_to_use_federal_funds_to_augment_teacher_salaries.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: Kamala Harris wants to use federal funds to augment teacher salaries
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2019, 09:07:59 pm »
Absolutely no constitutional basis to do such a thing.

Let Kamala take her own money to pay a teacher.  That is constitutional.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington