Author Topic: GOP senator disinvited to Republican event over vote against Trump's emergency declaration  (Read 217 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
GOP senator disinvited to Republican event over vote against Trump's emergency declaration
By Zack Budryk - 03/18/19 05:06 PM EDT

A Missouri county GOP committee disinvited Sen. Roy Blunt (R-Mo.) to a dinner event next month, citing his recent vote against President Trump’s emergency declaration to build a wall on the U.S.-Mexico border.

Blunt joined 11 Senate Republicans, and all Democrats, in voting to block the declaration, prompting the Christian County Republican Central Committee to rescind his invitation to the local GOP’s Lincoln/Trump Day Dinner, scheduled for April 6 in Ozark.

“I am so disappointed in you now that I can hardly speak,” Wanda Martens, the party committee’s events chairwoman, wrote in an email to Blunt’s office obtained by The Kansas City Star. “Why could you not support my president in the emergency declaration? President Trump tried every available means to work the Senate to resolve the border issue and build the much needed wall. He is well within his presidential powers to do this.”

Blunt's office did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/434610-gop-senator-disinvited-to-republican-event-over-vote-against-trumps-emergency?fbclid=IwAR0nIWBP4Fq4gEQ4B7VFGjxN3-DK1OF8Y4fwEUm-OWAXpHRtdJTEH8vsfO4
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Good!  It's about damned time someone held these a-holes accountable for what they do!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien