Author Topic: UK: The Man Who Used HIV as a Weapon: Daryll Rowe's victims speak  (Read 479 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
The Man Who Used HIV as a Weapon: Daryll Rowe's victims speak
By Unity Blott and Richard Spillett for MailOnline

A man who was deliberately infected with HIV has bravely waived his right to anonymity to share his story.

Lenny, an American man living in Brighton, discovered he was HIV positive in February 2016 after Daryll Rowe secretly ripped the condom they were using.

Dubbed the 'HIV hairdresser' Rowe, from Edinburgh, became the first person to be convicted in the UK for deliberately infecting others with the virus and was jailed for life in April 2018.

Read more at: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-6812747/The-Man-Used-HIV-Weapon-Daryll-Rowes-victims-speak.html

I used the "read" version, clicking the page icon in the URL box.

One comment came out that in California (of all things), you can knowingly infect another with HIV and there is no criminal charge, maybe I shouldn't say that, I don't know if it is true or not. That's kind of scary. I've heard a little bit about this story. Not much.

Sad story.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2019, 05:04:05 am by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: UK: The Man Who Used HIV as a Weapon: Daryll Rowe's victims speak
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2019, 05:07:48 am »
Sounds like this Darryl Rowe who was infecting people, he is only 27 has gotten life imprisonment as it should be. Okay, so this was April of last year:

Hairdresser jailed for life for deliberately infecting lovers with HIV
Joe RobertsWednesday 18 Apr 2018 2:29 pm

A hairdresser who deliberately tried to infect 10 men with HIV has been jailed for 12 years.

Daryll Rowe became the first man in the country to be found guilty of intentionally setting out to spread the virus.

Branded ‘grotesque’ and a ‘sociopath’ by his victims, the 27-year-old was convicted in October of 10 charges – five of grievous bodily harm with intent and five of attempting to do so.

Read more at: https://metro.co.uk/2018/04/18/hairdresser-jailed-life-deliberately-infecting-lovers-hiv-7476790/