Author Topic: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez now as unpopular as Ted Cruz during 2013 government shutdown over Obamacare  (Read 192 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez now as unpopular as Ted Cruz during 2013 government shutdown over Obamacare defunding
by Philip Klein
 | March 15, 2019 09:56 AM
 | Updated Mar 15, 2019, 10:58 AM

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez's social media stardom has catapulted her to a place of national name recognition and influence that is unheard of for a freshman member of Congress. Yet as Americans get to know her, she's only growing more unpopular. And she's now actually as unpopular as Sen. Ted Cruz was as a young freshman when he was leading the 2013 effort to defund Obamacare that resulted in a government shutdown.

A newly-released Gallup poll found that just 29 percent of Americans say they have never heard of Ocasio-Cortez. That's unheard of for somebody who was only recently elected to the House. By way of comparison, that means her name recognition is higher than Chief Justice John Roberts (who 30 percent never heard of) as well as prominent senators who are running for president, such as Sens. Cory Booker (33 percent never heard of), Kirsten Gillibrand (41 percent never heard of), and Amy Klobuchar (45 percent never heard of).

A problem for Ocasio-Cortez is that as people get to see more of her, their views become more negative. Last September, after her upset victory in the primary, 24 percent of those polled had a favorable view of her, compared to 26 percent who had an unfavorable view. Her notoriety has increased significantly since then, but while 31 percent now view her favorably, her unfavorable rating has shot up to 41 percent. That means on net, views of her are negative by 10 points — a 15 point swing.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/alexandria-ocasio-cortez-now-as-unpopular-as-ted-cruz-during-2013-government-shutdown-over-obamacare-defunding
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

But I was told by somebody here on  this site  that the more the GOP makes her  a target, the bigger the platform they’re giving her and the more popular she’ll become

If this poll is correct, it’s good news.  It means people are finding out her ideas are beyond kooky. Tie her now to the Democratic Party
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy