Author Topic: If you thought Dick’s Sporting Goods’ last move on guns was bad, just wait  (Read 409 times)

rangerrebew

If you thought Dick’s Sporting Goods’ last move on guns was bad, just wait

Jazz ShawPosted at 10:41 am on March 13, 2019

Remember when Dick’s Sporting Goods decided to sign on with the Everytown for Gun Safety crew and stop selling “assault rifles” in their stores? They didn’t just halt sales… they destroyed their stock rather than letting someone else sell it. They were clearly sending a message and that message was heard loud and clear in the hunting community. Their sales tanked almost immediately.

With that bit of history in mind, it’s not surprising to hear that they’re modifying their policies. But it’s not the sort of modification you might be imagining. Rather than conceding that their previous decision was tone deaf, the company is doubling down. They will now stop selling all firearms in more than 100 of their stores. (Ithaca Journal)

https://hotair.com/archives/2019/03/13/thought-dicks-sporting-goods-last-move-guns-bad-just-wait/

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I see bankruptcy in their future!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline goatprairie

Customer:  "Hi, I read somewhere that you claimed to be the best sporting goods store in America, so I thought I'd drop it to check you out. I'm a hunter/fisherman and I'd like to see what you have."

Dick's SGs Clerk:  "Yes sir, we're the best in the country. If you want to do something outdoors, we're the store for you."

Customer: "Well then, what do you have as far as hunting rifles...deer season is coming up, and I thought I'd get a new rifle."

Clerk:  WHATTTT!!!!???    A HUNTING RIFLE!!!!!  Are you a gun  nut????? We don't have no stinking guns here, do you think sporting goods stores sell guns?....ick....I'm calling the police and the FBI...you might be a right-wing gun nut wacko. "

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
If you thought Dick’s Sporting Goods’ last move on guns was bad, just wait

With that bit of history in mind, it’s not surprising to hear that they’re modifying their policies. But it’s not the sort of modification you might be imagining. Rather than conceding that their previous decision was tone deaf, the company is doubling down. They will now stop selling all firearms in more than 100 of their stores. (Ithaca Journal)

https://hotair.com/archives/2019/03/13/thought-dicks-sporting-goods-last-move-guns-bad-just-wait/

@rangerrebew

Yeah,but only because they have no gun customers to buy them.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

This follows Oshman's Sporting Goods' history.

Oshman had over 200 stores and was the go-to place in the 80s for purchasing guns and ammo. 

It eventually concentrated on apparel instead of firearms, and dwindled away until it began closing stores in the 90s and went out of business.

I recall the last Oshman's I went into had morphed into a Sporting Authority store and it sold no guns whatsoever.

Widipedia indicates that Dick's has taken the place of the Sporting Authority.

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
This follows Oshman's Sporting Goods' history.

Oshman had over 200 stores and was the go-to place in the 80s for purchasing guns and ammo. 

It eventually concentrated on apparel instead of firearms, and dwindled away until it began closing stores in the 90s and went out of business.

I recall the last Oshman's I went into had morphed into a Sporting Authority store and it sold no guns whatsoever.

Widipedia indicates that Dick's has taken the place of the Sporting Authority.

Got one in my town. HAD a Lot of stores in malls in my town.

Thanks to Democrat rule we now have a Lot of empty spaces in shopping malls.

Not gonna miss Dick's one bit when it's just another big, empty building either.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2019, 01:21:38 pm by To-Whose-Benefit? »
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline skeeter

Got one in my town. HAD a Lot of stores in malls in my town.

Thanks to Democrat rule we now have a Lot of empty spaces in shopping malls.

Not gonna miss Dick's one bit when it's just another big, empty building either.

There's a relatively new Bass Pro Shop not far from my house. Its a cavernous place with rack after rack of really nice sporting apparel, camping and fishing gear. And always devoid of human life EXCEPT for the gun counter.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
There's a relatively new Bass Pro Shop not far from my house. Its a cavernous place with rack after rack of really nice sporting apparel, camping and fishing gear. And always devoid of human life EXCEPT for the gun counter.

Sounds like a right nice town.

"An armed society is a polite society."
Robert Heinlein
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

If you could get a Cabela's to move close enough for a nice weekend drive, and have at least one Academy nearby for the quick and easy stuff, I would think you had it made.

Moved into a house 4 years ago and the nearest retail store to me was a Gander Mountain, and an Academy was 2 blocks further than that.

I knew it was the right place to settle down (although the Gander Mountain closed and has reopened by a poor cousin called Gander Outdoors.)
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline skeeter

If you could get a Cabela's to move close enough for a nice weekend drive, and have at least one Academy nearby for the quick and easy stuff, I would think you had it made.

Moved into a house 4 years ago and the nearest retail store to me was a Gander Mountain, and an Academy was 2 blocks further than that.

I knew it was the right place to settle down (although the Gander Mountain closed and has reopened by a poor cousin called Gander Outdoors.)

I live right in the maw of the moronic leftwing beast. I'm afraid Cabela's would be too much for them.