Author Topic: Australian Fishermen Reel in ALIEN-Like Fish, and They Have No Idea What It Is  (Read 268 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused

Australian Fishermen Reel in ALIEN-Like Fish, and They Have No Idea What It Is
By Cat Bolton
March 13, 2019 Updated: March 14, 2019

Australia has developed a reputation as the place to go to find all of the world’s weirdest and wildest creatures.

While we are familiar with the most famous critters of the outback—kangaroos, crocodiles, snakes, and koalas—one group of anglers stumbled across a bizarre specimen so strange you might easily mistake it for an alien.

Outback Boat Hire posted a pair of photos to their Facebook account that look like something straight out of the movie “Alien,” leaving the internet to work its magic with the tiny but bizarre swimmer.

Read more at: https://www.theepochtimes.com/australian-fishermen-reel-in-alien-like-fish-and-they-have-no-idea-what-it-is_2832638.html

It looks a bit hoaxy but I think it probably is a real fish.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2019, 11:33:34 am by TomSea »

Offline thackney

Next to the last paragraph shows the title to be false.

...The actual name of the creature is a “worm goby,” a mud-dwelling fish that’s generally considered harmless to humans....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amblyopinae

Amblyopinae is a subfamily of elongated mud-dwelling gobies commonly called eel gobies or worm gobies; it has been regarded as a subfamily of the family Gobiidae, while the 5th edition Fishes of the World classifies it as a subfamily of the family Oxudercidae.[1] The members in the subfamily have two dorsal fins that are connected by a membranous structure and their eyes are highly reduced in size. They are usually pink, red, or purple in coloration.[2]
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Apparently, they are real fish, but rarely seen (If I had a mug like that, I'd hide it, too!).
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis