Author Topic: 'How I Escaped a Kidnap Attempt by Chinese Agents in Hong Kong'  (Read 208 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Excerpt:

Home | News | China
'How I Escaped a Kidnap Attempt by Chinese Agents in Hong Kong'
2019-03-01

Exiled Hong Kong media boss Gu Zhuoheng, chairman of Sing Pao Media Enterprises, which owns Hong Kong's pro-China Sing Pao Daily News, has been an outspoken critic of corruption among the Chinese leadership, and currently has an Interpol red notice out for his arrest. He spoke to RFA's Cantonese Service about being waylaid in the lobby of the airport Regal Hotel in Hong Kong at around 3.00 a.m. by gun-wielding Chinese state security agents after flying in from Thailand on May 26, 2015.

The Hong Kong police have since confirmed the incident to RFA, adding that they arrested two mainland nationals for assault, later releasing them due to 'insufficient evidence.'

We were [the targets of an attempted] kidnap by more than 20 people in the corridor, all toting guns. They were distributed over a large area at the time, and they were  wearing casual clothes just like regular passersby. I didn't realize the danger I was in until they came to kidnap me. There was a guy on either side of me, each holding a gun against me.

Read more at: https://www.rfa.org/english/news/china/kidnap-03012019112417.html

This info probably isn't even copyrighted but go to link to read more.