Author Topic: Theatergoers Across China Are Closely Monitored by Authorities Over One Thousand Miles Away  (Read 270 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused

As early as 2017, surveillance cameras were installed inside theaters in Shenzhen and other places in China. Public security can use the facial recognition system thousands of miles away to monitor the audience in the cinema. (Web image)

Theatergoers Across China Are Closely Monitored by Authorities Over One Thousand Miles Away
By Olivia Li, Epoch Times
March 13, 2019 Updated: March 13, 2019

Theatergoers have become the target of surveillance across China. A netizen recently revealed that authorities can spot every face and every move clearly, even in the dark, over one thousand miles away through facial recognition and surveillance technologies.

On March 7, a netizen, whose name is “wandering monk Hou,” published an article titled “Two thousand kilometers away, I am staring at you quietly,” in which he shared his own personal experience. Inside a control room of a theater chain, he saw the interior of a cinema in Shenzhen that was located 1,240 miles (2,000 kilometers) away. This theater chain, which was not identified in the article, has 457 cinemas in 65 cities and across 26 provinces. All 457 cinemas play the same movie simultaneously from the central control room.

According to the article, the central control room can adjust the angle of each surveillance camera, as well as zoom in and zoom out. That means, of the 64,845 audience members all over the country, every single one is strictly monitored. Even in the dark, every move is clearly captured.

Read more at: https://www.theepochtimes.com/theatergoers-across-china-are-closely-monitored-by-authorities-over-one-thousand-miles-away_2832657.html

Good. The Chinese are showing the world how to do it. Watch the citizens of your country even in movie theaters (sarcasm off).

000hehehehe
« Last Edit: March 14, 2019, 12:57:25 am by TomSea »

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
If she didn't cry when Ol' Yeller died, she ain't the girl for me.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis