Author Topic: Tucker Carlson: We're becoming an authoritarian society - and the group in charge is coming after Fo  (Read 490 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Tucker Carlson: We're becoming an authoritarian society - and the group in charge is coming after Fox News

Ever notice how certain people have started to disappear? Not vagrants or runaways, the usual missing persons. But fairly prominent, well-educated people with dissenting political opinions. One day you’re watching or reading them online. The next time you check, they’re gone. You can’t find their videos. They’re not showing up in your Facebook feed. Suddenly you can’t buy their books on Amazon.

You Google them to find out what happened and discover they’ve been banned. They’re being called dangerous extremists, bigots and Nazis. For the public good, they’ve been shut down. Disappeared.

You’re a little surprised to hear this. They didn’t seem evil or radical to you. They were just free thinkers, saying something a little different from the party line on CNN. You don’t complain about it, though. You don’t want anyone to know you were watching forbidden videos. There’s a penalty for that.

Read more (video too) at: https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/tucker-carlson-were-becoming-an-authoritarian-society-and-the-group-in-charge-is-coming-after-fox-news

Got your back Tucker, I haven't read those comments thoroughly, I mean, it's just more smoke put out there. Better things to do with my time.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
And anyone else who bucks them!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline skeeter

The left is making their move, wake the bleep up.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Turns out there is a lot more to Carlson than I had thought.  I thought he was just a pretty boy.  Not so.

Offline goatprairie

I had a brother who died a few years ago who was an arch-liberal. He was driven crazy by the fact that FOX News existed and was allowed to "spread lies" about what went on. And Limbaugh, Hannity, all conservative talk show hosts should be commanded to have alternate i.e. lib/leftist people on their shows to respond whenever the conservative talking head said anything political.
When I told him for one thing FOX News only has an audience of two or three million viewers, it didn't settle him one bit. He was disturbed that anybody was allowed to hear "all those lies" FOX News discharged.
When I told him there is nothing in the constitution that obliges newspapers, magazines, and other media sources to have alternate opinions in their publications/broadcasts, he said it should be a law anyway.
It's like what William F. Buckley Jr. said (paraphrase)......liberals profess to believe in freedom of expression, but then are upset that anybody has a different opinion than their's.

Offline LegalAmerican

The left is making their move, wake the bleep up.

Correct but the N.T.'s won't. They are entrenched in their false beliefs. Brainwashed.  Proof?
--------------------------------------------------------------
Read this to learn how shills undermine & destroy conservative social media. The leftist operatives don’t all work for money. Remember, however, that 1 member of this board admitted he worked for David Brock’s outfit? Brock’s Media Matters operation is who gives left their talking points & works to knock out conservative voices. They’re currently trying to destroy Tucker Carlson.
Click to enlarge.

(Great it won't post!)

ddaf5b897d9ed10d371a5c82cf4ef3ee30ec715562839ff860fea76802f36dc0.jpg
« Last Edit: March 13, 2019, 09:00:46 pm by LegalAmerican »

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Correct but the N.T.'s won't. They are entrenched in their false beliefs. Brainwashed.  Proof?
--------------------------------------------------------------
Read this to learn how shills undermine & destroy conservative social media. The leftist operatives don’t all work for money. Remember, however, that 1 member of this board admitted he worked for David Brock’s outfit? Brock’s Media Matters operation is who gives left their talking points & works to knock out conservative voices. They’re currently trying to destroy Tucker Carlson.
Click to enlarge.

(Great it won't post!)

ddaf5b897d9ed10d371a5c82cf4ef3ee30ec715562839ff860fea76802f36dc0.jpg
I think there can be a healthy skepticism of ALL politicians, while still keeping our eyes on Conservative Principles. The idea that anyone who has a conservative bone in their body would ignore or even help the Liberals destroy this country is absolute bullsh*t.

Lest you forget, those Conservatives who would not jump on the Trump Train, wouldn't do so because he was not Conservative enough, not because they were rooting for some d@mned liberal or Communist takeover.

The fiction that you either supported Trump or Hillary is what convinced many of their own lie that Conservatives not in awe and adulation of Trump were somehow aligned with Liberals (the "you're with us or against us" mentality).

Yet some people continue to ignore (as they have from day one, preferring to believe their own rhetoric instead of the facts) the fact that Trump is to the Left, in word and actions, of a lot of us. We're still looking for results.

Remember that when you're getting lousy mileage from the E15 he promised the farmers and ethanol lobby in Iowa. It's coming, and you'll get fewer miles from more expensive fuel as a result.

And yes, the Left is making their move, they have been since the midterms and before (the whole Russia thing is a move by the Left). Nice of y'all to notice. But with the GOP(e) Senate, the Dem House, and nothing but little blue birds of paradise flying out from under his thumbs, I'm not so sure there is a thing we can do about it.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2019, 12:30:41 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis