Author Topic: Democrats Urge U.S. Asylum for Venezuela’s Population  (Read 388 times)

rangerrebew

Democrats Urge U.S. Asylum for Venezuela’s Population
« on: March 10, 2019, 03:00:42 pm »
Democrats Urge U.S. Asylum for Venezuela’s Population

8 Mar 20191,135

Sen. Marco Rubio and 23 Democratic Senators are asking President Donald Trump to grant asylum to Venezuelans, even though the grant would minimize the Venezuelans’ incentives to overthrow their country’s Cuban-backed dictatorship.

“We respectfully request that your Administration promptly designate Venezuela for Temporary Protected Status (TPS) to ensure that Venezuelan nationals currently present in the United States are not forced to return … [because a return] is not in the best long-term interest of the United States or our partners in the region,” said the March 7 letter.

However, offering asylum to Venezuelans would take the air out of the popular uprising against the dictatorship in the same way that Cuba’s communist dictatorship used U.S. immigration laws to deport its opponents to Florida, said David North, an expert at the Center for Immigration Studies.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/03/08/democrats-urge-u-s-asylum-venezuelas-population/
« Last Edit: March 10, 2019, 03:01:19 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Democrats Urge U.S. Asylum for Venezuela’s Population
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2019, 11:07:00 pm »
NO!!!!

We don't need, nor do we want them here!

How about sending in our troops down there, to make that place liveable again?

I'll bet the democrat-communists aren't gonna jump to support that!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Democrats Urge U.S. Asylum for Venezuela’s Population
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2019, 08:45:43 am »
NO!!!!

We don't need, nor do we want them here!

How about sending in our troops down there, to make that place liveable again?

I'll bet the democrat-communists aren't gonna jump to support that!
Give 'em rifles, a basic ammo load, and send them home. They'll figure it out.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis