Author Topic: Cohen met with Schiff staff for over 10 hours before House Oversight Committee hearing, sources say  (Read 470 times)

rangerrebew

Cohen met with Schiff staff for over 10 hours before House Oversight Committee hearing, sources say

By Gregg Re, Catherine Herridge

Published March 08, 2019
Fox News

President Trump's former personal attorney Michael Cohen told House investigators this week that staff for Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff, D-Calif., traveled to New York at least four times to meet with him for over 10 hours immediately before last month’s high-profile public testimony, according to two sources familiar with the matter -- as Republicans question whether the meetings amounted to coaching a witness.

The sources said the sessions covered a slew of topics addressed during the public hearing before the oversight committee -- including the National Enquirer’s “Catch and Kill” policy, American Media CEO David Pecker and the alleged undervaluing of President Trump's assets.

But, Republicans have raised concerns with the sessions, with Ohio Rep. Mike Turner sending a letter to Cohen's team on Wednesday demanding answers.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/cohen-met-with-schiff-for-more-than-10-hours-before-house-oversight-committee-hearing

Online Right_in_Virginia

Suborning perjury?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Suborning perjury?

And that sounds like..."collusion."   888mouth
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Rivergirl

Making sure that there was documentation to back up Cohen's assertions.  I suspect Schiff saw everything he needed during the private interviews.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Making sure that there was documentation to back up Cohen's assertions.  I suspect Schiff saw everything he needed during the private interviews.

Then why didn't Schiff invite his Republican counterpart to the interview?  It's hard to say Schiff wasn't coaching him if there was no Republicans in the room for that 10 hours.  Looks damned suspicious.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Rivergirl

Then why didn't Schiff invite his Republican counterpart to the interview?  It's hard to say Schiff wasn't coaching him if there was no Republicans in the room for that 10 hours.  Looks damned suspicious.
You wanted Schiff to invite Nunez?       Puulleeeze

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
You wanted Schiff to invite Nunez?       Puulleeeze

I don't expect him too, but if the 10 private hours "consulting" were innocent, as was suggested, then yes, he would have invited Nunez.  Nunez would have invited Schiff if the situation were reversed.  It's an optics thing.
I will NOT comply.