Author Topic: Democrats, the SPLC, and CAIR Argue Against Collecting Data on Alien Prisoners in Georgia  (Read 320 times)

rangerrebew

Democrats, the SPLC, and CAIR Argue Against Collecting Data on Alien Prisoners in Georgia

By Dan Cadman on March 7, 2019

If politics makes for strange bedfellows, then how much truer that is where immigration politics is concerned. The most recent proof of that was occasioned by a public hearing on an amendment to a bill introduced into the Georgia House of Representatives.

The bill is short and straightforward: It would require the Georgia Department of Corrections (DOC) to maintain statistics regarding the number of alien prisoners in its custody; what percentage they compose of the total population of state prisoners, with breakdowns by nationality; and, importantly, those against whom Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) has filed detainers with the intent of taking them into custody to begin deportation proceedings upon release. It would also require those figures to be made publicly available.

https://cis.org/Cadman/Democrats-SPLC-and-CAIR-Argue-Against-Collecting-Data-Alien-Prisoners-Georgia
« Last Edit: March 08, 2019, 02:06:25 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
If those three are against doing something it's undoubtedly something that needs doing.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien