Author Topic: Why Never Trumpers Will Never Shut Up - Kurt Schlichter  (Read 1793 times)

Offline skeeter

Re: Why Never Trumpers Will Never Shut Up - Kurt Schlichter
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2019, 07:24:44 pm »
I've read enough of Schlichter's columns to realize that he one of the those Trump worshippers who just can't believe anybody could have a reasonable objection to Trump.
While I don't buy into the NeverTrumpers' beliefs that abstaining from a flawed president like Trump for a scheming, lying, bi*ch like Hillary Clinton is somehow honorable, no president is immune from criticism.
And I've read enough columns from a neverTrumpers to know they're far more conservative than Trump.
What they understand, and many Trumpists don't, is that he won't be president forever.
What comes after Trump? There is no Trump II on the horizon....and no, not any of his kids.
It seems many Trumpists believe they're hardheaded realists and screw conservative philosophy, but a hard set of principles is what sustains parties and conservatives.
Trump has done some good things and some questionable things. We won't know all the ramifications of what he's done  for years later.
I will vote for Trump in 2020 because the Dems are now a totally irresponsible, immoral threat to the country and the future.
But don't expect me to love Trump. That isn't going to happen.

Of course Trump deserve criticism as well as praise. But just for perspective its useful to compare Trump's first few years to, say, GWB's.

IMO Trump stacks up pretty favorably.

So - why didn't Bush receive the same treatment from his own side? Schlicter's theory provides the only rationale.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2019, 12:11:28 am »
That's a damn lie right there... even though the very low bar. Give this chooch another term and he'll make Dubya look like Coolidge.

@roamer_1

You just can't even admit you are wrong,can you?

BTW,in case it has to be pointed out,not being able to admit to making a mistake is NOT an example of sterling character.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2019, 12:15:55 am »
Pot... kettle...

Only to a holdout NT... akin to a 'WWII Jap in the Philippine jungle'.   

Say it isn't so, @Meldrew   :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2019, 12:28:27 am »
@roamer_1

You just can't even admit you are wrong,can you?

BTW,in case it has to be pointed out,not being able to admit to making a mistake is NOT an example of sterling character.

I would be happy to admit a mistake. I do it all the time.
I am not mistaken here.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2019, 12:31:26 am »
Of course Trump deserve criticism as well as praise. But just for perspective its useful to compare Trump's first few years to, say, GWB's.

IMO Trump stacks up pretty favorably.

He has already spent more money than Dubya, to include the bailout.
He has done little or nothing that is good for us long term - Just a bunch of easily reversed EOs

So - why didn't Bush receive the same treatment from his own side? Schlicter's theory provides the only rationale.

I was destroying Bush regularly in his second term. Bush DID receive the same treatment.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2019, 02:05:11 am »
aligncare wrote:
"NeverTrumpers misjudged Donald Trump from the start and they did so because they were heavily swayed by the overwhelming onslaught of attacks by news media and politicos on his motives, his character, values, honesty, even his allegiance to country. Most all of it bogus."

Indeed. ALL bogus.

I was pro-Trump from the start.
Still am.
Proud to be so.

NT'er's are nuthin' more than a-holes, as far as I'm concerned.
So there.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2019, 02:17:48 am »
aligncare wrote:
"NeverTrumpers misjudged Donald Trump from the start and they did so because they were heavily swayed by the overwhelming onslaught of attacks by news media and politicos on his motives, his character, values, honesty, even his allegiance to country. Most all of it bogus."

Indeed. ALL bogus.

I was pro-Trump from the start.
Still am.
Proud to be so.

NT'er's are nuthin' more than a-holes, as far as I'm concerned.
So there.

LOL!  Not that there's anything wrong with that!!

Seriously, I believe the few remaining NeverTrumpers would never admit their misjudging 'POTUS' Trump.  They're that stubborn.

They're that egotistical!

Some of them are already warming up their "I told you so!" 's.    :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Meldrew

« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2019, 02:18:17 am »
@DCPatriot  Thanks for proving the point.  Mountaineer is right.

There's hyperbole on all sides, and it's tiresome.

I'm going to go back to the cave now and chow down on some 80 year old miso soup with dried wasabi rations. 

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2019, 06:38:54 am »
Is THAT what you're doing, ABX?   Speaking the loudest because somebody pointed out that you and your associates are just a big crybaby pain-in-the-ass...who's too stubborn to admit your assessment(s) are and have been wrong for over 3 years?

...asking for a FRiend.   :cool:
Comments like that are why NTs will never shut up.

Sheesh!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline aligncare

« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2019, 11:41:13 am »
Comments like that are why NTs will never shut up.

Sheesh!

They deserve every bit of criticism. Actions have consequences.

What’s happening today in politics is heavy cake. The democrats are awful and republicans only slightly less so. Since Trump’s election we’ve  learned that the administrative state has a secret, criminal life of its own and that they have illegally plotted subversion against a sitting president. Words are inadequate to describe the dangers America faces from within. And virtually the only one standing in their way is Donald Trump.

All the while pompous, self-righteous NTs withhold support from Trump because they’re too proud to admit their mistake in believing the lying media and misjudging Donald Trump.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2019, 11:50:34 am »

What’s happening today in politics is heavy cake. The democrats are awful and republicans only slightly less so. Since Trump’s election we’ve  learned that the administrative state has a secret, criminal life of its own and that they have illegally plotted subversion against a sitting president. Words are inadequate to describe the dangers America faces from within. And virtually the only one standing in their way is Donald Trump.

All the while pompous, self-righteous NTs withhold support from Trump because they’re too proud to admit their mistake in believing the lying media and misjudging Donald Trump.
Because attacking people at every turn is such a great way to win hearts and minds....

Who is being pompous and self-righteous now?

As far as I am concerned the jury is still out.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #36 on: March 08, 2019, 12:46:31 pm »

@aligncare

HEAR! HEAR! If they had even the TINIEST shred of self-respect they would be ashamed of themselves,but they don't and they are not. All they care about is being a part of the winning borg. Two-legged sheep.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2019, 04:10:29 pm »
Y'all are on a different planet.  **nononono*