Author Topic: Jim Clyburn's defense: Ilhan Omar's experience is 'more personal' than Jews who had parents in the H  (Read 490 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Jim Clyburn's defense: Ilhan Omar's experience is 'more personal' than Jews who had parents in the Holocaust
by Philip Klein
 | March 07, 2019 07:47 AM

As Democrats line up to defend Rep. Ilhan Omar and come up with her excuses for her anti-Semitism, House Majority Whip Rep. James Clyburn, D-S.C., tried to minimize her comments by arguing that she escaped violence in Somalia, so her experience was "more personal" than Jews who merely had parents survive the Holocaust.

The Hill reports, "Clyburn came to Omar’s defense Wednesday, lamenting that many of the media reports surrounding the recent controversy have omitted mentioning that Omar, who was born in Somalia, had to flee the country to escape violence and spent four years in a Kenyan refugee camp before coming to the United States."

The article quotes Clyburn as saying, “There are people who tell me, ‘Well, my parents are Holocaust survivors.’ ‘My parents did this.’ It’s more personal with her ... I’ve talked to her, and I can tell you she is living through a lot of pain.”

This has to be one of the more bizarre efforts to protect somebody who has repeatedly peddled the worst anti-Semitic tropes, despite multiple interventions by people explaining exactly why her words were offensive. The implication is that because Omar fled Somalia she gets a free pass to target another religious minority.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/jim-clyburns-defense-ilhan-omars-experience-is-more-personal-than-jews-who-had-parents-in-the-holocaust
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
One by one the blinders fall off.

Offline skeeter

One by one the blinders fall off.

They certainly are.

And at an accelerating rate.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2019, 07:09:40 pm by skeeter »

Online LMAO

They certainly are.

And at an accelerating rate.

And eventually going to be low hanging fruits if the Republican Party is willing to pick them
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online goatprairie

And eventually going to be low hanging fruits if the Republican Party is willing to pick them
Well, I don't know...some of them don't want to be called  islamophobes, racists, or misogynists. They have their phony, baloney jobs to think about, and well, it's more important to be liked by the liberal media than to stand up for principles.
In short, I have little confidence in Republicans managing to take advantage of the craven lowlifes in the Dem Party.