Author Topic: Martha McSally says she was raped by senior officer in the Air Force  (Read 4782 times)

Offline QueenCatofAragon

Re: Martha McSally says she was raped by senior officer in the Air Force
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2019, 07:40:31 pm »
That "PoundMeToo" seems to me to be just as wrong as the "MeToo" meme.  If MT implies that you automatically believe a particular person, the PMT implies that you automatically don't believe them.  I think both approaches are equally wrong.

@Sanguine

Yes.
I say this to Beto fans, Trump fans, all fans of politicians: it is un-American, ridiculous, and dangerous to be a fan of a politician. They aren't pop stars. Support them if you agree with their policies. Criticize them when they go wrong. They are servants, not celebrities. —— Matt Walsh

Offline QueenCatofAragon

« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2019, 07:41:23 pm »
When men and women in the military are placed in close proximity for any length of time the results are inevitable.

@Bigun

Most men are not rapists.
I say this to Beto fans, Trump fans, all fans of politicians: it is un-American, ridiculous, and dangerous to be a fan of a politician. They aren't pop stars. Support them if you agree with their policies. Criticize them when they go wrong. They are servants, not celebrities. —— Matt Walsh

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2019, 07:43:47 pm »
@Bigun

Most men are not rapists.

@QueenCatofAragon

Nowhere have I said such a thing and that fact changes what I posted not at all!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline QueenCatofAragon

« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2019, 07:52:43 pm »
@QueenCatofAragon

Nowhere have I said such a thing and that fact changes what I posted not at all!

@Bigun

*Sigh*

The topic being discussed is rape.  In reference to this alleged rape, you said that inevitable things will happen when the sexes are thrown together in the military.  When questioned if you meant that women can expect sexual abuse, you said yes.  The specific sexual abuse in this case is rape.  So yes, you did say just that.

FTR, most men are not abusers/rapists.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2019, 07:56:16 pm »
If they have to be in close contact with men for extended periods of time in order to perform their jobs the answer is yes IMHO!  Just another of the many reasons they shouldn't be in combat roles in the first place.

Trying to understand here (truly) ... does this pertain to only military or to women in general who are in close contact with her male office colleagues should expect some sort of sexual assault??  That would go for those in Congress and anyone who works for a business with men.  What about female astronauts? Females on the police force?  Female doctors and nurses? So ... women shouldn't be in the work force unless they want to risk sexual assault?  When I worked I've had less than appropriate comments and suggestions made a couple of time and arms that I had to place elsewhere, but never sexual assault.  I guess I was naive enough to give the male population more credit then perhaps due?
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2019, 07:57:04 pm »
@Bigun

*Sigh*

The topic being discussed is rape.  In reference to this alleged rape, you said that inevitable things will happen when the sexes are thrown together in the military.  When questioned if you meant that women can expect sexual abuse, you said yes.  The specific sexual abuse in this case is rape.  So yes, you did say just that.

FTR, most men are not abusers/rapists.

@QueenCatofAragon

Nope!  And your twisted logic doesn't make it so.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2019, 08:02:02 pm »
Trying to understand here (truly) ... does this pertain to only military or to women in general who are in close contact with her male office colleagues should expect some sort of sexual assault??  That would go for those in Congress and anyone who works for a business with men.  What about female astronauts? Females on the police force?  Female doctors and nurses? So ... women shouldn't be in the work force unless they want to risk sexual assault?  When I worked I've had less than appropriate comments and suggestions made a couple of time and arms that I had to place elsewhere, but never sexual assault.  I guess I was naive enough to give the male population more credit then perhaps due?

I didn't make men and women. God did.  I recognize the natural order of things and tend to take them into account.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2019, 08:16:50 pm »
If they have to be in close contact with men for extended periods of time in order to perform their jobs the answer is yes IMHO!  Just another of the many reasons they shouldn't be in combat roles in the first place.

@Bigun, I'm not sure what you are saying is what you mean. 

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2019, 08:17:39 pm »
That "PoundMeToo" seems to me to be just as wrong as the "MeToo" meme.  If MT implies that you automatically believe a particular person, the PMT implies that you automatically don't believe them.  I think both approaches are equally wrong.

I just say PMT because I don't like the hashtag.  My used of PMT is the same thing as MT with a touch of sarcasm/skepticism.  My fault for not making that clear.

As for how this relates to  the Jr. Senator from AZ, my only pertinent observation in this thread is that it doesn't matter if I believe her, I'm just making the argument this revelation will be a net loss of votes for somebody who had two difficult elections to the House that she won, and a Senatorial election she lost.

Leftists still won't vote for her whether they believe her or not, and the conservatives just find this pandering another reason to not vote for her.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2019, 08:24:27 pm »
@Bigun, I'm not sure what you are saying is what you mean.

Sorry @Sanguine but I'm saying exactly what I mean!  The natural order of things is what it is and we are NOT going to change that, therefore we should order our affairs accordingly!
« Last Edit: March 07, 2019, 08:28:52 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2019, 08:31:37 pm »
Sorry @Sanguine but I'm saying exactly what I mean!  The natural order of things is what it is and we are NOT going to change that, therefore we should order our affairs accordingly!

Ok.  I understood what you were saying.  Just wanted to verify.  I am taken a little bit surprise on this, but, I asked a question and got an honest answer.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2019, 08:35:34 pm »

OK, I'm pretty shocked by that.  The specific statement you were responding to was: "So then can we assume that most women in the military should go in expecting to be sexually abused in some way? "

I've worked with men all my adult life, and in some very close quarters/extended time period situations and have never experienced anything like that.  Additionally, Mom was active duty military in combat zones for over 20 years, and ditto.  We both got hit on occasionally, but not abused. 

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2019, 08:39:31 pm »
OK, I'm pretty shocked by that.  The specific statement you were responding to was: "So then can we assume that most women in the military should go in expecting to be sexually abused in some way? "

I've worked with men all my adult life, and in some very close quarters/extended time period situations and have never experienced anything like that.  Additionally, Mom was active duty military in combat zones for over 20 years, and ditto.  We both got hit on occasionally, but not abused.

Never said it would occur in every case or even most cases, but it WILL occur enough to be a major problem in the in the military I think!  The Navy already has a BIG problem because so many of their female sailors are on maternity leave all the time.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2019, 08:42:45 pm »
The article doesn't say..... does anyone know the year the rape was committed?

Thanks.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #39 on: March 07, 2019, 08:44:37 pm »
Never said it would occur in every case or even most cases, but it WILL occur enough to be a major problem in the in the military I think!  The Navy already has a BIG problem because so many of their female sailors are on maternity leave all the time.

The fact that they are on maternity leave is not an example of abuse.  Fraternization, yes, abuse, probably not.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #40 on: March 07, 2019, 09:18:01 pm »
Sory to but in. My niece was raped in the AF. She DID report it, but nothing was done.

THAT is why many instances were not reported; the reasonable exectation of an insufficient resolution.

My neice cut short her career ambitions, on account of that instance.

She was the cute blonde gal broadcasting over Armed Forces televison in Germany. Okinawa. Turkey. Afghanistan. 
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #41 on: March 07, 2019, 09:29:32 pm »
The article doesn't say..... does anyone know the year the rape was committed?

Thanks.

@Right_in_Virginia

I think the article suggested she was 18 at the time, so I imagine a little math and her current age (born March 1966) would give a figure close enough.

Around 84-85?
« Last Edit: March 07, 2019, 09:31:46 pm by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline QueenCatofAragon

« Reply #42 on: March 07, 2019, 09:38:04 pm »
@QueenCatofAragon

Nope!  And your twisted logic doesn't make it so.

Truly astounding

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #43 on: March 07, 2019, 09:45:14 pm »
Sory to but in. My niece was raped in the AF. She DID report it, but nothing was done.

THAT is why many instances were not reported; the reasonable exectation of an insufficient resolution.

My neice cut short her career ambitions, on account of that instance.

She was the cute blonde gal broadcasting over Armed Forces televison in Germany. Okinawa. Turkey. Afghanistan.

Yikes.  Our niece is also in the Navy.  God watch over her. She was already a victim of sexual assault and I pray that she doesn't experience yet another assault in the Navy. 

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #44 on: March 07, 2019, 09:49:45 pm »
The fact that they are on maternity leave is not an example of abuse.  Fraternization, yes, abuse, probably not.

I understand that but it's a problem regardless.  And, I'm quite sure, there are some rapes involved as well.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #45 on: March 07, 2019, 10:02:35 pm »
I understand that but it's a problem regardless.  And, I'm quite sure, there are some rapes involved as well.

I would think a female of eighteen who is anticipating joining the military wasn't the type of girl having had little or no social contact with the opposite sex.

Take Denise Richards as Carmen Ibanez in Starship Troopers (1997) for example. LOL!

Imagine Netflix doing a remake of that today? 

BTW...is this the woman who got raped in the military at 18...the one who wears miniskirts and over-the knee high-heeled leather boots in the halls of the Senate?     
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #46 on: March 07, 2019, 10:04:50 pm »
I would think a female of eighteen who is anticipating joining the military wasn't the type of girl having had little or no social contact with the opposite sex.

Take Denise Richards as Carmen Ibanez in Starship Troopers (1997) for example. LOL!

Imagine Netflix doing a remake of that today? 

BTW...is this the woman who got raped in the military at 18...the one who wears miniskirts and over-the knee high-heeled leather boots in the halls of the Senate?     

Uh....no.  That's the democrat: Sinema.   *****rollingeyes*****

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #47 on: March 07, 2019, 10:05:30 pm »
Uh....no.  That's the democrat: Sinema.   *****rollingeyes*****

Thanks....sorry. 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #49 on: March 07, 2019, 11:42:01 pm »
She won't hold that office for long if she throws her lot in with the PoundMeToo crowd.

@Cyber Liberty

So,you are saying that truth,justice,and the American way are irrelevant because your political enemies agree with her and you don't?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!