Author Topic: Martha McSally says she was raped by senior officer in the Air Force  (Read 4780 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Martha McSally says she was raped by senior officer in the Air Force
by Diana Stancy Correll
 | March 06, 2019 03:28 PM
 | Updated Mar 06, 2019, 05:14 PM

Sen. Martha McSally, R-Ariz., said Wednesday she was raped by a superior officer during her service as an Air Force pilot.

McSally did not disclose the identity of the officer and said she did not report the incident because she “didn’t trust the system” and was “ashamed and confused.”

“I stayed silent for many years, but later in my career, as the military grappled with the scandals, and their wholly inadequate responses, I felt the need to let some people know I too was a survivor,” McSally said during a Senate Armed Services Committee hearing about how to combat sexual assault in the military.

“I was horrified at how my attempt to share generally my experiences was handled. I almost separated from the Air Force at 18 years of service over my despair. Like many victims, I felt like the system was raping me all over again,” McSally said.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/sen-martha-mcsally-says-she-was-raped-by-a-superior-in-the-air-force
« Last Edit: March 06, 2019, 11:59:58 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
This will actually cost her votes.  Bad move, aligning herself with the PoundMeToo movement. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

This will actually cost her votes.  Bad move, aligning herself with the PoundMeToo movement.
She should take it like a man.

Offline Absalom

Hmm.............this reminds of the Jussie Smollett fandango???

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Hmm.............this reminds of the Jussie Smollett fandango???
The police should investigate her for besmirching the name of nobody in particular.

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
Very sorry to hear about this Ms. McSally.  It is tragic, and the perp should have paid for the crime.

OTOH, I find the timing strange that you decide come out with this right after announcing for a senatorial campaign.  If it is an attempt to scarf up sympathy votes, it might backfire.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Cyber Liberty

Why? She was in no real position to complain when in Active Duty,and now she is.

Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online mountaineer

Don't worry. Leftists already are saying she deserved it, because Republican.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Applewood

@Cyber Liberty

Why? She was in no real position to complain when in Active Duty,and now she is.

Yes, but she's doing what a lot of those MeToo chippies are doing:   Making a claim of wrongdoing years later, not reporting the crime at the time it supposedly occurred, no proof that a crime actually happened...

She could have complained at the time and yes, she likely would have gotten the good old boys treatment.  But at least she woiuld have had some credible evidence that a rape did occur.  Then when she was no longer under military constraints, she could have said something.  But she waited till now?

After Roy Moore and Justice Kavanaugh, I'm not inclined to believe any woman claiming some impropriety that allegedly occurred years earlier without some tangible evidence.  I worked for lawyers too long.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Yes, but she's doing what a lot of those MeToo chippies are doing:   Making a claim of wrongdoing years later, not reporting the crime at the time it supposedly occurred, no proof that a crime actually happened...

She could have complained at the time and yes, she likely would have gotten the good old boys treatment.  But at least she woiuld have had some credible evidence that a rape did occur.  Then when she was no longer under military constraints, she could have said something.  But she waited till now?

After Roy Moore and Justice Kavanaugh, I'm not inclined to believe any woman claiming some impropriety that allegedly occurred years earlier without some tangible evidence.  I worked for lawyers too long.

Sounds like she did report it while she was still in the military.

McSally did not disclose the identity of the officer and said she did not report the incident because she “didn’t trust the system” and was “ashamed and confused.”

“I stayed silent for many years, but later in my career, as the military grappled with the scandals, and their wholly inadequate responses, I felt the need to let some people know I too was a survivor,” McSally said during a Senate Armed Services Committee hearing about how to combat sexual assault in the military.

“I was horrified at how my attempt to share generally my experiences was handled. I almost separated from the Air Force at 18 years of service over my despair. Like many victims, I felt like the system was raping me all over again,” McSally said.

Now she needs to name the perp if she is serious.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Applewood

Re: Martha McSally says she was raped by senior officer in the Air Force
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2019, 01:51:56 pm »

Sounds to me like she didn't report the alleged crime at the time it supposedly happened.  Or am I reading this wrong?

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2019, 01:56:45 pm »
Sounds to me like she didn't report the alleged crime at the time it supposedly happened.  Or am I reading this wrong?

What I got is that she did not report it when it happened but did try to report it years later.  She needs to name the perp now if she is serious.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2019, 02:45:49 pm »

@Applewood

She is doing what she CAN do to help make changes in the system. She has a perfect right to do this,maybe even an obligation to do it,as long as she doesn't name the officer she claims raped her. You do NOT get to "name names" and destroy lives or families if you don't have proof/

There is more than one side to morality.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2019, 02:47:34 pm »

Exactly.  Rats won't believe her or will say she deserved it because Republican.  Pubbies will see it as just another PoundMeToo anecdote/hoax to try to curry favor.

Net loss of votes, and she needs every last one if she wants to keep the seat.  Bad move.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2019, 02:48:10 pm »

Now she needs to name the perp if she is serious.

@Bigun

IF she does and has no proof,I hope he sues her for everything she has and hopes to gain.

THIS is why you file charges while the assault is fresh.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2019, 02:49:14 pm »
@Applewood

She is doing what she CAN do to help make changes in the system. She has a perfect right to do this,maybe even an obligation to do it,as long as she doesn't name the officer she claims raped her. You do NOT get to "name names" and destroy lives or families if you don't have proof/

There is more than one side to morality.

She may make changes in the system, but it will be after 2020 when she's looking for another job.  And the GOP in AZ will be stuck with two Rat Senators.
I will NOT comply.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2019, 03:21:08 pm »
@Applewood

snip

I think she didn't report it t the time, beause she had a successful career, and perhaps expected it would derail her career, to report it.

My niece was raped in the AF, reported it, and nothing happened to the rapist.

The military has been criticized for these situations.

I believe her.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2019, 04:58:31 pm »
I think she didn't report it t the time, beause she had a successful career, and perhaps expected it would derail her career, to report it.

My niece was raped in the AF, reported it, and nothing happened to the rapist.

The military has been criticized for these situations.

I believe her.

@truth_seeker

I do,too. Primarily because she has nothing to gain from revealing it. She is already famous and holding public office.

STILL......,if you don't name names and bring charges forward when it happens,you do NOT get to name names years or even decades later.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2019, 05:01:14 pm »
@truth_seeker

I do,too. Primarily because she has nothing to gain from revealing it. She is already famous and holding public office.

STILL......,if you don't name names and bring charges forward when it happens,you do NOT get to name names years or even decades later.

She won't hold that office for long if she throws her lot in with the PoundMeToo crowd.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2019, 07:17:53 pm »
She won't hold that office for long if she throws her lot in with the PoundMeToo crowd.

That "PoundMeToo" seems to me to be just as wrong as the "MeToo" meme.  If MT implies that you automatically believe a particular person, the PMT implies that you automatically don't believe them.  I think both approaches are equally wrong.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2019, 07:19:45 pm »
Some women really have been sexually assaulted by men with whom they worked, and their complaints have fallen on deaf ears. I think it's a sad thing that anyone immediately thinks the worst of someone who tells her story.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2019, 07:26:50 pm »
When men and women in the military are placed in close proximity for any length of time the results are inevitable.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2019, 07:31:36 pm »
@Bigun

IF she does and has no proof,I hope he sues her for everything she has and hopes to gain.

THIS is why you file charges while the assault is fresh.

My understanding is that she waited because she knew more than likely in reporting the incident would be covered up and her military would be quickly over.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2019, 07:35:30 pm »
When men and women in the military are placed in close proximity for any length of time the results are inevitable.

So then can we assume that most women in the military should go in expecting to be sexually abused in some way? 
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2019, 07:39:49 pm »
So then can we assume that most women in the military should go in expecting to be sexually abused in some way?

If they have to be in close contact with men for extended periods of time in order to perform their jobs the answer is yes IMHO!  Just another of the many reasons they shouldn't be in combat roles in the first place.

- J. R. R. Tolkien