Author Topic: Nielsen declares migration crisis 'spiraling out of control,' warns it will get 'even worse'  (Read 1015 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
IF this isn't an invasion and a crisis what is???  Close and heavily ARM the border now, Mr. President.  Now!!!

Nielsen declares migration crisis 'spiraling out of control,' warns it will get 'even worse'

Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen issued a dire assessment Wednesday of the migration crisis on the southern border, telling a House committee that illegal immigration is “spiraling out of control” and predicting that crisis will “get even worse” in the coming months.

And in a startling revelation, she said Customs and Border Protection is on track to apprehend almost 1 million illegal immigrants at the border this year.

“In February, we saw a 30 percent jump over the previous month, with agents apprehending or encountering nearly 75,000 aliens,” Nielsen told the House Committee on Homeland Security. “This is an 80 percent increase over the same time last year. And I can report today that CBP is forecasting the problem will get even worse this spring as the weather warms up.”

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/nielsen-declare-migration-crisis-spiralling-out-of-control-warns-it-will-get-even-worse
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
ONE MILLION!!!  We don't know who is coming through nor do we know how many are coming through.  Nor do we know how many are already here.  There are estimates of 20,000,000, currently.  That is the same figure that I found in doing some research over 10 years ago.  I'd say 40,000,000 is probably more accurate.

We have a full blown invasion.  Here are Congress sits and does NOTHING!!!   9999hair out0000
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online corbe

This usually happens when the best you can do just ain't good enough. Sad state of Affairs.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
ONE MILLION!!!  We don't know who is coming through nor do we know how many are coming through.  Nor do we know how many are already here.  There are estimates of 20,000,000, currently.  That is the same figure that I found in doing some research over 10 years ago.  I'd say 40,000,000 is probably more accurate.

We have a full blown invasion.  Here are Congress sits and does NOTHING!!!   9999hair out0000

They aren't doing "nothing."  They are working night and day trying to stop Trump from building a wall.  there are more than a couple of GOP DeeCee politicians in on it.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
If this situation is as truly dire as his Homeland Secretary says, the president would stop hiding behind Iustitia‘s toga and declare martial law the border.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
If this situation is as truly dire as his Homeland Secretary says, the president would stop hiding behind Iustitia‘s toga and declare martial law the border.

Nope.  Regardless of what this President does, they challenge his authority.  Such as the emergency declaration.  Such as trying to change asylum laws, such as trying to build the darn wall in the first place.

Sorry.  I blame Congress and all the a**holes that keep getting elected just because they have an 'R' next to their names.

He is the president and last time I had checked he is Commander in Chief and has the FULL authority to protect this country.  Time to deploy the military to the border and allow them the authority to STOP ANYONE from crossing by whatever means it takes.

Offline edpc

Nope.  Regardless of what this President does, they challenge his authority.  Such as the emergency declaration.  Such as trying to change asylum laws, such as trying to build the darn wall in the first place.

Sorry.  I blame Congress and all the a**holes that keep getting elected just because they have an 'R' next to their names.

He is the president and last time I had checked he is Commander in Chief and has the FULL authority to protect this country.  Time to deploy the military to the border and allow them the authority to STOP ANYONE from crossing by whatever means it takes.

The problem with the emergency declaration is a question of constitutionality. Martial Law is outlined in Article 1 Section 9 Clause 2.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

The problem with the emergency declaration is a question of constitutionality. Martial Law is outlined in Article 1 Section 9 Clause 2.

It should have been challenged in 1976, when the law was passed?  It looks suspicious it has been used dozens of times since then, and it's only an issue now because Trump.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline skeeter

Right. This isn't the president's fault.

Its especially rich hearing GOPe types criticising him for being ineffective here. THEY are the enemy.

Offline skeeter

It should have been challenged in 1976, when the law was passed?  It looks suspicious it has been used dozens of times since then, and it's only an issue now because Trump.

Of course.

The last president unilaterally set immigration policy. McConnell and the rest yawned.

Offline edpc

Except in this case, they’re challenging on the separation of powers. The bill was signed and the parameters of what congress permitted was established in it. The declaration was done to circumvent what was signed into law. That’s the way I understand the challenge, anyway.   :shrug:

Bill Cipher

Everybody grab a paper bag and blow into it.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Everybody grab a paper bag and blow into it.

Ok.  Not quite understanding how to take what you just said?

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Ok.  Not quite understanding how to take what you just said?

He's telling us we're hyperventilating, and there is no crisis at all.
I will NOT comply.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

Or simply shut down immigration entirely for as long as it takes to get things under control.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Or simply shut down immigration entirely for as long as it takes to get things under control.

That's what I've been saying ... the President needs to declare a moratorium on ALL immigration into this country. 

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
He's telling us we're hyperventilating, and there is no crisis at all.

That's what I thought, but was double checking what I was reading.  No further comment for now.   888mouth

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
That's what I've been saying ... the President needs to declare a moratorium on ALL immigration into this country.

And he may yet be driven to using that option.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
And he may yet be driven to using that option.

Not so sure ... it's being reported he wants more immigration to fill jobs.   **nononono*

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Not so sure ... it's being reported he wants more immigration to fill jobs.   **nononono*

He said it today in the Oval Office.  I recall he's been saying that.
I will NOT comply.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

All of which will play very well if, in the future, he is forced to shut it down due to legislative intransigence.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
I invite each of you, to distinguish between unskiled illegal migrants crashing our borders, versus highly skilled Hi-techworkers, often with graduate degrees, seeking legal entry.

It is easy if you try.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline edpc

I invite each of you, to distinguish between unskiled illegal migrants crashing our borders, versus highly skilled Hi-techworkers, often with graduate degrees, seeking legal entry.

It is easy if you try.

I invite you to keep up with this shameless fraud.

It’s not easy at all.

“We do need highly skilled, and one of the biggest problems we have is people go to the best colleges. They'll go to Harvard, they'll go to Stanford, they'll go to Wharton, as soon as they're finished they'll get shoved out. They want to stay in this country. They want to stay here desperately, they're not able to stay here. For that purpose, we absolutely have to be able to keep the brain power in this country.”

“I remain totally committed to eliminating rampant, widespread H1-B abuse and ending outrageous practices such as those that occurred at Disney in Florida when Americans were forced to train their foreign replacements,” the campaign statement read. “I will end forever the use of the H1-B as a cheap labor program, and institute an absolute requirement to hire American workers first for every visa and immigration program. No exceptions.”

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-flip-flops-on-immigration-h1-b-visas-after-debate

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

H1-B holders in the United States can rest assured that changes are soon coming which will bring both simplicity and certainty to your stay, including a potential path to citizenship. We want to encourage talented and highly skilled people to pursue career options in the U.S.

6:40 AM · Jan 11, 2019 · Twitter for iPhone