Author Topic: Nuclear Mitch Rides Again  (Read 937 times)

Offline corbe

Nuclear Mitch Rides Again
« on: March 06, 2019, 05:54:25 pm »
Nuclear Mitch Rides Again

by Jake Wagner

March 6th, 2019

Godspeed, Senate Majority Leader!

With the legislative branch split between republicans and democrats, the predominant branch of government finds itself in gridlock.  Proposed bills will surely go nowhere, unless both parties commit to screwing America.

Yet both chambers have their own niche to fill.  The democrats in the House have devoted themselves to investigating the type of toilet paper Trump uses. The Senate on the other hand is poised to remake the federal judiciary.

Conservatives have touted the progress Trump has made with regard to the federal court system.  McConnell has been excellent in pushing nominees through, much to the Democrat’s chagrin.

Politico reports that this process is about to speed up.

<..snip..>

https://theresurgent.com/2019/03/06/nuclear-mitch-rides-again/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Re: Nuclear Mitch Rides Again
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2019, 11:20:31 pm »

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2019, 01:41:19 am »
Mitch McConnell is a traitor....I have zero respect for that man. He helped Obama ruin America.

Offline corbe

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2019, 01:49:09 am »
Mitch McConnell is a traitor....I have zero respect for that man. He helped Obama ruin America.

You gotta admit he's a bit of an upgrade over punch drunk Reid.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2019, 01:57:46 am »
Mitch McConnell is a political juggernaut and my personal hero....I have great respect for that man. He made America better, and his judicial confirmations will have lasting impact long after President Trump's Executive Orders are rescinded.

...if anybody gives a sh1t what I think.

Offline corbe

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2019, 02:08:29 am »
  If he's able to populate the District Courts with Judges from The Heritage List, as he plans in the next 2 years  I think that alone will prove his Legacy even though he's failed at most everything else, IMHO.

Bill Cipher

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2019, 02:12:27 am »
Mitch McConnell is a political juggernaut and my personal hero....I have great respect for that man. He made America better, and his judicial confirmations will have lasting impact long after President Trump's Executive Orders are rescinded.

...if anybody gives a sh1t what I think.

When the history books are written, McConnell will be seen as a much more consequential leader than the mediocre president he worked with. 

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2019, 02:43:10 am »
  If he's able to populate the District Courts with Judges from The Heritage List, as he plans in the next 2 years  I think that alone will prove his Legacy even though he's failed at most everything else, IMHO.

I believe he deserves some credit for passing taxcuts, providing some vehicle for the Senate to actually reject Obamacare or parts of it, and holding on to the Senate in 2018 by passing taxcuts and confirming judges.  Specific accomplishments Republicans could point to and say "I picked the lesser of two evils."

unlike...

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/948195478428102657
Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump

Since taking office I have been very strict on Commercial Aviation. Good news - it was just reported that there were Zero deaths in 2017, the best and safest year on record!
6:13 AM - 2 Jan 2018

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1006837823469735936
Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump

Just landed - a long trip, but everybody can now feel much safer than the day I took office. There is no longer a Nuclear Threat from North Korea. Meeting with Kim Jong Un was an interesting and very positive experience. North Korea has great potential for the future!
2:56 AM - 13 Jun 2018

Even if you don't think the taxcuts or judges look as good today as they did in Nov 2018, they were still central reasons the GOP retained the Senate despite President Trump's campaigning.

and kept this guy out...

Offline corbe

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2019, 02:53:50 am »
   Good points all, @Once-Ler I just see him as a major disappointment, other than the Judicial appts he has spent a long time and a lot of $$$ destroying his own right flank-Conservatives and for that I will remain pizzed.   
   He has his own agenda and he's playing Trump, quite masterfully, to get it.     

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2019, 03:05:59 am »
Sorry, I find it difficult to be all 'cheery' about Mitch.  He was incompetent during the Bammy administration.   He flat out lied to Cruz.  He's now getting a few judges appointed, of which, I am confident that the DEMS will implement term limits on, including those on the SCOTUS.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2019, 03:36:50 am »
   Good points all, @Once-Ler I just see him as a major disappointment, other than the Judicial appts he has spent a long time and a lot of $$$ destroying his own right flank-Conservatives and for that I will remain pizzed.   
   He has his own agenda and he's playing Trump, quite masterfully, to get it.   

I know what you mean.  It could be said McConnell was never more crafty than when the GOP faced a conservative challenge to the leadership during the 2014 primaries.  I wouldn't argue that point.  The thing is I have seen the GOP chew up their former champions as the champion's record of stances played out.  In 2014 Senator Cruz was the standard bearer for the right, today he is Lyin' Ted, the son of JFK's assassin, and the Zodiac.

The other night I read @Bigun lament the fall of Tom Delay.  I loved Tom Delay as the man who impeached Bill Clinton, and I watched the GOP chew him up and spit him out.  As I've seen them do with all their heroes except Reagan.

I look at McConnell through a prism of remembered former Senate Majority Leaders.  Reid, Frist, Dashcle, Lott, Dole, and Mitchell.  I remain impressed by McConnell

Offline corbe

« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2019, 04:31:08 am »
   With a neutered McCarthy in the House, McConnell remains the only grownup in the room and that thought is downright depressing even considering he's a coke head.