Author Topic: WaPo: Trump’s “associates” pressured his high school into hiding his old transcripts  (Read 314 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
WaPo: Trump’s “associates” pressured his high school into hiding his old transcripts

AllahpunditPosted at 10:01 pm on March 5, 2019

It’s hilarious to me that Trump thinks people don’t just already assume he was a garbage student. What if the transcripts leak out and his image as a genius is sullied?

I mean, really. The guy supports tariffs, for cripes sake.

This story is classic Trump, though, in how it marries intimidation with a sense of petty absurdity that drains most (but not all) of the menace out of it. Michael Cohen, who admitted to Congress last week that he had threatened Trump’s alma maters about not releasing his records, is the living, breathing embodiment of that vibe, a cross between “The Godfather” and “Ruthless People.”

Remember in 2011 when Trump was goofing on Obama to try to build a political brand, needling him about not just his birth certificate but his old unreleased college transcripts, wondering if maybe O’s grades sucked and he was afraid we’d all find out? Either Trump himself or his “associates” realized at some point that that line of attack was apt to send Democrats looking for his own transcripts to see what sort of intellectual the New York Military Academy had hatched. Suddenly the school’s administrators were blitzed with requests from trustees and well-heeled alumni to take precautions to safeguard them, according to WaPo. But not just any precautions; they wanted the school to hand the records over to them.

more
https://hotair.com/archives/2019/03/05/wapo-trumps-associates-pressured-high-school-hiding-old-transcripts/
« Last Edit: March 06, 2019, 04:34:58 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,353706.msg1932641.html#msg1932641

I think @corbe posted a similar story..... but I would agree that this story is probably too important to just place in scandal.

‘Grab that record’: How Trump’s high school transcript was hidden

Marc Fisher

1 hr ago

In 2011, days after Donald Trump challenged President Barack Obama to “show his records” to prove that he hadn’t been a “terrible student,” the headmaster at New York Military Academy got an order from his boss: Find Trump’s academic records and help bury them.

The superintendent of the private school “came to me in a panic because he had been accosted by prominent, wealthy alumni of the school who were Mr. Trump’s friends” and who wanted to keep his records secret, recalled Evan Jones, the headmaster at the time. “He said, ‘You need to go grab that record and deliver it to me because I need to deliver it to them.’ ”

The superintendent, Jeffrey Coverdale, confirmed Monday that members of the school’s board of trustees initially wanted him to hand over President Trump’s records to them, but Coverdale said he refused.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/grab-that-record-how-trumps-high-school-transcript-was-hidden/ar-BBUpV3V?ocid=ientp

I even thought it was posted late last night, yes, it was.

If something is not posted in politics or national news, I don't think it is as noticed but I do try to post in the correct area as best as I can. "Sports, Entertainment..." and so on for sports, hollywood stories say.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2019, 04:40:59 pm by TomSea »

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Article about President Trump's HS grades, that doesn't have President Trump's HS grades.

What an outrage. Every day. Reposted the next day.   
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Yawn. Call me when all of Obama's, Hillary's, and the current crop of clown bus candidates are out there in the open for all to see.
The Republic is lost.