Author Topic: Joe DiGenova has advice for all 81 targets of House Dems’ ‘fishing expedition’ on Trump: ‘Everyone s  (Read 1123 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Joe DiGenova has advice for all 81 targets of House Dems’ ‘fishing expedition’ on Trump: ‘Everyone should take the 5th…’
BizPac Review, Mar 5, 2019

Appearing on “The Story,” where host Martha MacCallum reminded viewers that the Democrat-led House Judiciary Committee “uses language to remind everyone this is the committee that launched Watergate” and that “it’s clear” they are heading toward impeachment, DiGenova said those who received document requests should refuse to respond.

“This is a perjury trap,” DiGenova insisted. “It is not a legitimate investigation, it’s a fishing expedition. They are trying to get people up there to make them look bad so they can try to make the president look bad.”

“No one should talk to this committee,” he added. “Everyone should take the 5th and if everyone takes the 5th, the American people will understand that this isn’t a legitimate investigation. It’s political theater and disgraceful conduct approved of by the Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi.”

And make no mistake, President Trump is the ultimate target.

“This is a fraud, this investigation,” DiGenova said. “It’s designed to smear people as witnesses and it is designed to perjury trap them and make phony referrals to the Justice Department. This is all about dirtying up the president of the United States, who it has been proven thus far has done absolutely nothing wrong.”

More:  https://www.bizpacreview.com/2019/03/05/joe-digenova-has-advice-for-all-81-targets-of-house-dems-fishing-expedition-on-trump-everyone-should-take-the-5th-729853

Where the hell are the congressional republicans????   9999hair out0000

Dershowitz: House Dems seem to be 'going too far' seeking dirt on Trump
Fox News, Mar 5, 2019

[...]

Dershowitz, also a retired Harvard law professor, said those subpoenaed could possibly sue.

“If you go back to the cases in the 1950s, the courts sometimes did say, ‘look, Congress, you’ve gone too far, this is not within your legitimate function,’” Dershowitz told Hannity. “So, if I were one of the people who got a letter or a subpoena, I would at least think about the possibility of bringing a lawsuit and suggesting that Congress is abusing its oversight function.”

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/dershowitz-house-dems-seem-to-be-going-too-far-seeking-dirt-on-trump

Offline andy58-in-nh

Cowering with fear, as is their normal posture.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
What fantastic advice, from a historical perspective.

Oct 21, 1974 - “I want you all to stonewall it, let them plead the Fifth Amendment, cover up or anything else, if it'll save it—save the plan,” Mr. Nixon said.

https://www.nytimes.com/1974/10/22/archives/jury-hears-tape-of-nixon-urgingaides-to-stonewall-balking-of.html
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

What fantastic advice, from a historical perspective.

Oct 21, 1974 - “I want you all to stonewall it, let them plead the Fifth Amendment, cover up or anything else, if it'll save it—save the plan,” Mr. Nixon said.

https://www.nytimes.com/1974/10/22/archives/jury-hears-tape-of-nixon-urgingaides-to-stonewall-balking-of.html

Always siding with the swamp.   **nononono* 

You'd prefer 81 people walk into a perjury trap and yak like a teenage girl.  We've got your number.

Offline edpc

Always siding with the swamp.   **nononono* 

You'd prefer 81 people walk into a perjury trap and yak like a teenage girl.  We've got your number.

:shrug: :shrug: :shrug: :shrug:

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Offline edpc

This should help with your throne sniffing.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

A number of them have spoken out against this.  What do you want them to do?

Offline andy58-in-nh

Personally speaking: I would like them to fight like hell - get out in front of the cameras every single day and remind Americans that Republicans are trying to do the jobs they were elected to do, while Democrats have no interest whatsoever in actually governing, but instead only want to destroy the President. 
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

How about they meet with attorneys and stop this?  I imagine members of the House would have standing to get a judge put a hold on these "investigations" as beyond the scope of the House Judiciary's charter.

Something @Sanguine they need to do something.  I am sick to death of the damn "talk".  Why aren't you?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Personally speaking: I would like them to fight like hell - get out in front of the cameras every single day and remind Americans that Republicans are trying to do the jobs they were elected to do, while Democrats have no interest whatsoever in actually governing, but instead only want to destroy the President.

That I agree with.  And, unfortunately only a few Republicans are doing that.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
How about they meet with attorneys and stop this?  I imagine members of the House would have standing to get a judge put a hold on these "investigations" as beyond the scope of the House Judiciary's charter.

Something @Sanguine they need to do something.  I am sick to death of the damn "talk".  Why aren't you?

@Right_in_Virginia

Oh they ARE doing something!  They are doing everything they possibly can to preserve their precious swamp. THAT is job one regardless of the letter that happens to appear behind the name.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline skeeter

All 81 ought to keep a photo of Michael Flynn next to their bedstands.

'No need for a lawyer. I'm just dropping by for a chat'

Offline aligncare

These are primarily private citizens being subpoenaed. Many will be bankrupted by legal fees, all because Jerrold Nadler (who has a history with Trump in New York) has a personal axe to grind.

I hope Trump and those subpoenaed resist demand for documents and sue the democrats in court. Take it all the way to the Supreme Court.

@Right_in_Virginia

Oh they ARE doing something!  They are doing everything they possibly can to preserve their precious swamp. THAT is job one regardless of the letter that happens to appear behind the name.

These two years have been quite an eye-opener.  I think in this arena the Republicans may be worse than the Democrats.  Democrats, by and large, have a goal, they are trying to change America to Amerika; most Republicans, especially in the Senate, are just trying to keep a job.

@Bigun 

Offline jpsb

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
These two years have been quite an eye-opener.  I think in this arena the Republicans may be worse than the Democrats.  Democrats, by and large, have a goal, they are trying to change America to Amerika; most Republicans, especially in the Senate, are just trying to keep a job.

@Bigun

@Right_in_Virginia

Not just a job dear!  THEIR job in THEIR swamp which they like just the way it is!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

@Right_in_Virginia

Not just a job dear!  THEIR job in THEIR swamp which they like just the way it is!

Great point!     :thumbsup:

@Bigun

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Yeah, that's it @Right_in_Virginia.  I'm not "sick of the damn "talk"".  And, I can see where you got that from my statement:  "That I agree with.  And, unfortunately only a few Republicans are doing that. "

*****rollingeyes*****

Yeah, that's it @Right_in_Virginia.  I'm not "sick of the damn "talk"".  And, I can see where you got that from my statement:  "That I agree with.  And, unfortunately only a few Republicans are doing that. "

*****rollingeyes*****

What's your point?

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
In a nutshell, everyone (and that means everyone, top down) needs to clam up and shut up. No public statements, no tweeting, do not give an opening for anything. If a witness makes a big pre-testimony statement, they often can't take the fifth after that because they can be called to address the content of the statement. Witnesses often waive this right intentionally, by just answering the question, or unintentionally, by answering other questions that establish a basis on which they may be compelled to answer on the basis of rebuttal or further inquiry on the topic.

Shut up and clam up. Make the accusers prove their case, don't give them anything.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2019, 04:26:23 pm by ABX »

Offline roamer_1

Shut up and clam up. Make the accusers prove their case, don't give them anything.

Won't happen. The place runs on dirt.
What they need to do is get better dirt.