Author Topic: Senate GOP eyes big vote against Trump  (Read 373 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Senate GOP eyes big vote against Trump
« on: March 06, 2019, 02:33:33 am »
Senate GOP eyes big vote against Trump
By Alexander Bolton - 03/05/19 06:57 PM EST

Opposition to President Trump’s emergency border declaration is snowballing in the Senate, forcing Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) to scramble for a way to avoid a major embarrassment for the president.

While McConnell has long viewed a resolution of disapproval backed by Democrats as likely to pass the Senate, support for the measure is growing. Some senators and aides say they think it could get as many as 15 Republican votes, which would put it in striking distance of a veto-proof majority.

“Members of the Senate ought to have a real problem and not be flippant about allowing the president so blatantly to go around the Article I power of the purse. This is what separates us from the rest of the world. We have a rule of law,” said a GOP senator who put the high-water mark for Republican support at 15 senators.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/432756-senate-gop-eyes-big-vote-against-trump
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Senate GOP eyes big vote against Trump
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2019, 02:34:15 am »
Prediction...GOP loses the Senate in 2020
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2019, 02:44:03 am »
I hope they do shoot him down.  I want the funding, but I want it to come the right way, in a bill passed but not read by both houses of Congress.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Bill Cipher

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2019, 02:50:36 am »
Prediction...GOP loses the Senate in 2020

That’ll get the Wall built. 

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2019, 04:42:55 pm »
So, blocking exports to Syria and protecting Yemen's border are legitimate uses of the emergency act, while protecting the US borders from an ongoing invasion is not.

Got it.

https://www.brennancenter.org/sites/default/files/analysis/NEA%20Declarations.pdf
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: