Exclusive Content > Research

The Longest-Lasting Cars to Reach 200,000 Miles and Beyond

<< < (7/7)

sneakypete:

--- Quote from: DCPatriot on June 16, 2019, 07:13:25 am ---Okay...

Purchased a new VW Jetta Sportwagen TDI (Diesel) back in 2012 as a 'company' car.

Did absolutely nothing to the vehicle except wash it and change the oil every 7500 miles.

Put 217K on it...but it doesn't stop there.

In 2018, Volkswagen was being sued by the U.S. Government regarding their falsifying data regarding pollution emissions...and initiated a program where they would buy the vehicle back.

They gave us $14,310.   Purchased a new Passat TSI demo off the floor for $16,350.

What a country!!!    :laugh:

--- End quote ---

@DCPatriot

That was a VERY sweet deal. I had a new Passat several years ago,and loved it. SOB would FLY,too.

Got rid of it because I needed a truck,and still regret losing it.

Bigun:

--- Quote from: DCPatriot on June 16, 2019, 07:13:25 am ---Okay...

Purchased a new VW Jetta Sportwagen TDI (Diesel) back in 2012 as a 'company' car.

Did absolutely nothing to the vehicle except wash it and change the oil every 7500 miles.

Put 217K on it...but it doesn't stop there.

In 2018, Volkswagen was being sued by the U.S. Government regarding their falsifying data regarding pollution emissions...and initiated a program where they would buy the vehicle back.

They gave us $14,310.   Purchased a new Passat TSI demo off the floor for $16,350.

What a country!!!    :laugh:

--- End quote ---

Along about 1980 or so a fellow showed up in front of my place with a 78 VW Rabbit on a trailer he was looking to sell.   The thing was perfect cosmetically and had 4 band new Michelin radials on it but the head off the engine was laying under the hatchback.  to make a long story short, I asked him what he would take for it and he mentioned a figure at which I laughed and offered him $300 for it hoping he would be offended and leave but instead he asked "where do we unload it?" so we did.

I spent around $125 rebuilding the head and re-installed that (someone who had no idea what they were doing had caught the thing on fire and partially melted the injector barrels), cleaned the varnish off the screen in the gas tank, and drove the thing for the next 6 years (around 150K) and sold it for $800.  Bought the above mentioned Saab shortly thereafter and wish I had never sold it.

Elderberry:

--- Quote from: The Ghost on June 16, 2019, 02:25:30 am ---No car should last 200K.  It aint natural.

--- End quote ---

Did you forget a Sarcasm Tag on that?

Every car and truck I've owned have gone over 200K. All of my current vehicles are over 200K and  are still going strong. We just bought a 2001 CRV and it has over 200K. My 98Z71 has 280K and if it ever gets tired, I"ll rebuild it an keep on keepin' on.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version