Author Topic: Conservative writer says Trump, GOP missed their chance to defund Planned Parenthood  (Read 386 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
3/5/2019

Anti-abortion rights writer Matt Walsh said in an interview that aired Tuesday on "Rising" that President Trump and GOP lawmakers missed their chance to defund Planned Parenthood when Republicans had control over both Congress and the presidency.

"Republicans had the White House, the Senate, and the House for two years," Walsh, a journalist at the Daily Wire, told Hill.TV's Buck Sexton at the Conservative Political Action Conference last week.

"They could have defunded Planned Parenthood completely, all $500 million [a year] they could have taken away, and they didn't do it," he continued.

"That's not just on the president, that's on Congress," Walsh said. "But I don't absolve the president of that either. I think that clearly for those two years they were not focused on that issue, and they should have been."

"That should have been a day-one thing," he said.

Federal funds cannot legally be used for abortion, but anti-abortion advocates argue that any money that goes to clinics providing abortions indirectly supports the procedure. 

"They're doing certain things that are good," Walsh said, referring to President Trump's appointment of conservative judges who could rule against abortion.

He also praised Trump's use of the "bully pulpit" in addressing abortion.

more
https://thehill.com/hilltv/rising/432653-conservative-writer-says-trump-gop-lawmakers-missed-chance-to-defund-planned
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Abortion, repealing Obama care and border security all should have been addressed immediately.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
He's right but it still comes down to the problem of Murkowski, Collins. Yes, they should have but they've had these obstinate Senators, maybe a few more. Senator Collins has even received some award from PP, I don't think it was the Sanger award but still an honor.