Author Topic: North Korean hackers reportedly attacked US targets during summit  (Read 473 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
While President Trump and Chairman Kim discussed denuclearization in Vietnam, North Korean hackers continued attacks on various U.S. and European companies....

Video at link.
https://www.usatoday.com/media/cinematic/video/39153657/north-korean-hackers-reportedly-attacked-us-targets-during-summit/

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Re: North Korean hackers reportedly attacked US targets during summit
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2019, 04:30:38 pm »
Another article for the video challenged.

While Trump was meeting with Kim Jong Un in Vietnam, North Korean hackers reportedly attacked targets in the US and elsewhere

As President Donald Trump met with Kim Jong Un in Hanoi for their second summit last week, hackers linked to North Korea reportedly launched attacks on over 100 targets in the US and the West.
The attacks, first reported by The New York Times, cite researchers at cybersecurity firm McAfee and allege that North Korean hackers engaged in an 18-month long operation against American and European businesses.
The attacks bore striking similarities to previous efforts perpetrated by North Korean state-sponsored cyber unit Lazarus Group, including similar source code and a very similar fake job recruitment campaign.

https://www.businessinsider.com/north-korean-hackers-trump-kim-meeting-mcafee-2019-3

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: North Korean hackers reportedly attacked US targets during summit
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2019, 04:51:52 pm »
Another article for the video challenged.

Thanks, @ABX, I appreciate that.  I'm more aurally challenged than video.  Now the almost-deaf can enjoy the articles.

888high58888
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: