Author Topic: Dem lawmaker introduces amendment to lower voting age to 16 in federal elections  (Read 536 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Dem lawmaker introduces amendment to lower voting age to 16 in federal elections
By Justin Wise - 03/06/19 01:48 PM EST

Rep. Ayanna Pressley (D-Mass.) on Tuesday introduced an amendment to the House election reform bill that would lower the voting age from 18 to 16 in federal elections.

"I am honored & excited to be introducing my very 1st amendment on the House floor, an amendment to #HR1, the #ForthePeopleAct," Pressley, a first-term congresswoman who represents the 7th Congressional District in Massachusetts, said on Twitter. "My amendment will lower the voting age from 18 to 16, allowing our youth to have a seat at the table of democracy."

Pressley argued in a succession of tweets that citizens who are 16 and 17 make substantial contributions to America's "labor force and to their local economy through paying taxes."

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/432882-dem-lawmaker-introduces-amendment-to-lower-voting-age-to-16-in-federal
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
While yes the immediate goal is to give Dems more duped and naive voters, the more sinister leftists have ulterior motves.

Notice how now teens get get abortions and 'change their gender' without parental consent, and now voting at 16.

And pretty soon they'll be able to give consent to dirty old pervs, who won't be sent to jail for it. Not to mention sharia marriages.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Idiot

Dem lawmaker introduces amendment to lower voting age to 16 in federal elections
By Justin Wise - 03/06/19 01:48 PM EST

Rep. Ayanna Pressley (D-Mass.) on Tuesday introduced an amendment to the House election reform bill that would lower the voting age from 18 to 16 in federal elections.

"I am honored & excited to be introducing my very 1st amendment on the House floor, an amendment to #HR1, the #ForthePeopleAct," Pressley, a first-term congresswoman who represents the 7th Congressional District in Massachusetts, said on Twitter. "My amendment will lower the voting age from 18 to 16, allowing our youth to have a seat at the table of democracy."

Pressley argued in a succession of tweets that citizens who are 16 and 17 make substantial contributions to America's "labor force and to their local economy through paying taxes."

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/432882-dem-lawmaker-introduces-amendment-to-lower-voting-age-to-16-in-federal
How about we raise it to 30.

Bill Cipher

Raise it back to 21

Offline libertybele

How about we raise it to 30.

I absolutely agree!!  :beer:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
They social engineer the kids in Public (social engineering) schools.  They can't even wait for them to get out of high school now. 

No, just no.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
@DCPatriot isn't this one of the five who were selected and elected by that radical leftist group?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member