Author Topic: Kamala Harris Advocates Decriminalizing Prostitution  (Read 1391 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Kamala Harris Advocates Decriminalizing Prostitution
« on: March 03, 2019, 03:44:40 am »
https://freebeacon.com/politics/on-prostitution-another-kamala-harris-reversal/  This more MSM article confirms what the article says.

Kamala Harris Advocates Decriminalizing Prostitution

Kamala Harris is now going after the prostitution vote. She says that she thinks prostitution should be decriminalized. Okay, but she didn’t say anything about the male who solicits a prostitute. Was that an oversight or will the man be charged with a crime and the woman just pay a fine? I don’t think it was accidental or an oversight. This is another case, where she has to do contortions to overcome her past. As a prosecutor, she was all for going after prostitutes but now they are organized, she doesn’t want to anger them. Would legal prostitution expand sex trafficking into the country?

Harris, a U.S. Senator and former Attorney General of California, sat down recently for an interview with The Root released Tuesday. At one point, interviewer Terrell Starr pressed Harris on her past support for the 2017 Stop Enabling Sex Traffickers Act (SESTA) and Allow States and Victims to Fight Online Sex Trafficking Act (FOSTA), Harris claimed that dating to her time as San Francisco district attorney she has believed “we have to stop arresting these prostitutes.”

When Starr asked Harris if she believes “sex work should be decriminalized,” the candidate responded, “I think so. I do. I think that we have to understand though that it is not as simple as that.

Read more at: https://davidharrisjr.com/politics/kamala-harris-advocates-decriminalizing-prostitution/

Black guy runs this conservative website, I've never seen it before.

« Last Edit: March 03, 2019, 03:47:10 am by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

Re: Kamala Harris Advocates Decriminalizing Prostitution
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2019, 04:55:22 am »
Decriminalizing is not legalizing. Still, I don't think this would play well with voters. Why hasn't this received more coverage?

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2019, 05:41:00 am »
Yeah, she would...... 888mouth
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2019, 12:04:59 pm »
I think this would increase the Sex Trafficking...
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2019, 12:47:09 pm »
I think this would increase the Sex Trafficking...

@kevindavis

Why? Do you think the idea of becoming a prostitute would be more attractive if it were legal?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2019, 01:23:18 pm »
Yeah, she would...... 888mouth

Probably owes some favors to political friends with daughters
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2019, 01:36:48 pm »
Horizontal Harris has a lot in common with prostitutes, that's for sure.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2019, 02:00:54 pm »
@kevindavis  Why? Do you think the idea of becoming a prostitute would be more attractive if it were legal?
@sneakypete
@roamer_1

A woman owns her body; the government does not own her body.  I have never thought prostitution should be a crime for the woman and the man.  Now, keeping women prisoners and forcing them to have sex is a different matter. 

sneakypete, I used to psychologically test and counsel career criminals just let out of prison.  One told me this: If your prostitute is causing you trouble, hang her nude and upside down in a closet in the dark and in one day she will do what you want.  He also told me how to get rid of a body so no one could ever find it. Because these men were criminals, I kept a loaded weapon in the lower drawer in my desk.  One time, I had my hand on the weapon due to a criminal who became angry, stood up and threatened to destroy my office.  If he had tried to come at me, I would have killed him.  I told him he had two choices - leave or sit down.  He sat down.  I carried that weapon on me every day when I left my office and brought it back the next day.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2019, 02:04:01 pm by Victoria33 »

Offline Slide Rule

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2019, 02:26:11 pm »

Decriminalize a crime you committed?

Well she can't pardon herself as she is

not the President. Guess that is the best
she can do.

Ah. The limitations of a working girl.

I suppose her hourly rate has shown a steep decline.

:)

« Last Edit: March 03, 2019, 02:28:19 pm by Slide Rule »
White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2019, 03:41:35 pm »
@sneakypete
@roamer_1

A woman owns her body; the government does not own her body.  I have never thought prostitution should be a crime for the woman and the man.  Now, keeping women prisoners and forcing them to have sex is a different matter. 

@Victoria33

You and I seem to be in complete agreement on this. I even take it so far as to say I think forced prostitution is the same thing as kidnapping and slavery,and the punishment should fit the crimes.

sneakypete, I used to psychologically test and counsel career criminals just let out of prison.  One told me this: If your prostitute is causing you trouble, hang her nude and upside down in a closet in the dark and in one day she will do what you want.  He also told me how to get rid of a body so no one could ever find it. Because these men were criminals, I kept a loaded weapon in the lower drawer in my desk.  One time, I had my hand on the weapon due to a criminal who became angry, stood up and threatened to destroy my office.  If he had tried to come at me, I would have killed him.  I told him he had two choices - leave or sit down.  He sat down.  I carried that weapon on me every day when I left my office and brought it back the next day.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2019, 04:09:27 pm »
@Victoria33

You and I seem to be in complete agreement on this. I even take it so far as to say I think forced prostitution is the same thing as kidnapping and slavery,and the punishment should fit the crimes.

This kind of issue is where my Libertarian streak takes over. Not to mention, having lived in Germany for a number of years, having seen legalized prostitution as a "normal" part of an advanced society.

To be clear, what generally leads to human sex trafficking is the illegality of prostitution, creating a black market for a resource that is in huge demand. We know that demand will not diminish, so the question for us as a society is how do we allow supply that is not exploitative of women. In Germany, certain urban areas allow prostitution and direct customer to client interactions are left alone...which minimizes where prostitution can be found and keeps from it pervading other community areas....any kind of "pimping" or representation IS illegal, which also acts to suppress trafficking.

On a libertarian note, its nobody's business what two consenting adults agree to do in private. As long as neither party is being forced to act and as long both parties are independent, there is literally no reason for society to intervene in any way.

Legalized prostitution is by no means a good thing, but it is a far lesser evil than the "illegal" version...less human trafficking, less pimping, less periphery crime and it allows for health and welfare checks/balances for those involved. More importantly, it is about the freedom of each individual to enter into contracts with other adults...as long as those contracts don't cause direct legal harm to others.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2019, 04:12:35 pm by Mesaclone »
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline TomSea

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2019, 04:50:17 pm »
Regulation of prostitution, that would have to be done if it was decriminalized. Also, prostitution might find itself in places where it is virtually nonexistent. There would be a lot to study about this. I think the topic has come up here a few times.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2019, 04:53:10 pm »
LOL. She is looking out for herself.

I don't think getting paid for screwing violates any federal laws.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2019, 04:55:37 pm by jpsb »

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2019, 05:20:32 pm »
Well, it makes sense for her life's experience.  Willie Brown paid her well.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2019, 11:47:22 pm »
"Kamala Harris Advocates Decriminalizing Prostitution..."

This is a subject she knows something about!

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2019, 02:54:34 am »

All I have to say is that the reason prostitution was outlawed, at least in the west, is because of good women flooding into the plains and across this land, bringing respectability and children.

Men build society *for* women and the women's concern for a good place to raise their children.

Y'all want it to go back to Hell-On-Wheels, that's what you'll get.