Author Topic: Trump Defends Decision To Scrap Large-Scale Military Exercises With South Korea  (Read 2011 times)

Offline Night Hides Not

I would guess so, especially if it had the W31 warhead.

Never a dull moment inside the cantonment area, running around with live rounds in our M16s...lol.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline kevindavis007

Those exercises are nothing more than an expensive show of force. It pisses off China too. It's asinine to continue doing it in my opinion.

Who cares if we piss off China?
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
Who cares if we piss off China?

I don't really see a reason to piss people off more than is necessary. I think winding down tension between nations is a good thing.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
I don't really see a reason to piss people off more than is necessary. I think winding down tension between nations is a good thing.

The tensions will only increase, as the Chinese attempt to exert more influence in the S. China Sea.

The U.S. has observed a rise in Chinese military activity in the South China Sea area over the last year, according to the top American military officer in the region.

[snip]

“It’s building, it’s not reducing in any sense of the word,” Davidson told reporters on Thursday in Singapore when asked about China’s military activities in the South China Sea. “There has been more activity with ships, fighters and bombers over the last year than in previous years, absolutely.”

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-03-07/u-s-sees-rising-chinese-military-activity-in-south-china-sea?srnd=premium-asia
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL

The tensions will only increase, as the Chinese attempt to exert more influence in the S. China Sea.

It's an oil grab and an attempt to fortify their trade arteries. We'd probably do the same thing. China will obviously seek to increase its power and influence. I think we should give China our blessing in the South China Sea in exchange for some trade deals.  :shrug:

Beats the hell outta getting into a fight.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Online catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
It's an oil grab and an attempt to fortify their trade arteries. We'd probably do the same thing. China will obviously seek to increase its power and influence. I think we should give China our blessing in the South China Sea in exchange for some trade deals.  :shrug:

Geez, why don't you just hand over Taiwan while you are at it?

That is the eventual intent, and giving them expanded unchallenged footholds in the South China Sea only exacebrates that situation.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer

You might recall there was another Asian nation, in the middle of the last century, that made similar claims to control over that region and its resources. A fight is exactly what we got.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Night Hides Not

You might recall there was another Asian nation, in the middle of the last century, that made similar claims to control over that region and its resources. A fight is exactly what we got.

You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.