Author Topic: GOP questions if Adam Schiff coached Cohen before Oversight Committee hearing  (Read 1008 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
GOP questions if Adam Schiff coached Cohen before Oversight Committee hearing
by Katelyn Caralle
 | March 08, 2019 09:27 AM

Print this article

Republicans fear that Rep. Adam Schiff, D-Calif., met with Michael Cohen before he appeared before the House Oversight Committee in efforts to coach a witness.

The California Democrat — and chairman of the House Intelligence Committee — traveled to New York to meet with President Trump’s ex-personal lawyer on at least four separate occasions and a total of 10 hours, Fox News reported.

Rep. Mike Turner, R-Ohio, sent a letter to Cohen’s team Wednesday requesting answers regarding the meetings.

Turner asked if Cohen had any contact "with Democratic Members or Democratic staff … prior to his appearances before House and Senate committees last week.”

"These questions are important for the public to understand whether or not they were watching witness testimony, a public hearing, or well-rehearsed theater," Turner wrote.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/gop-questions-if-adam-schiff-coached-cohen-before-oversight-committee-hearing
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I see a stiff-arm in Rep Turner's immediate future.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Naw, they just met and talked about their grandkids.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Nunes visiting the SCIF at the White House, then briefing the president on his findings was completely kosher, too.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Nunes visiting the SCIF at the White House, then briefing the president on his findings was completely kosher, too.

Is that the same thing as a Chairman of a House Committee telling a witness what to say when testifying to Congress?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline edpc

Is that the same thing as a Chairman of a House Committee telling a witness what to say when testifying to Congress?

Do you know if he did that? No, but it wouldn’t be surprising. Similarly, we don’t know if Nunes tipped off Trump with information gathered as part of the investigation. Given his allegiance, that also wouldn’t be surprising. Supposition, based on reasonable suspicion, is a double edged sword.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Naw, they just met and talked about their grandkids.

O heck yes!  what else would they possibly have to talk about?  /s
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Do you know if he did that? No, but it wouldn’t be surprising. Similarly, we don’t know if Nunes tipped off Trump with information gathered as part of the investigation. Given his allegiance, that also wouldn’t be surprising. Supposition, based on reasonable suspicion, is a double edged sword.

I don't know that any more than what you said about Nunes. 

That's what I'd like to know, but probably never will.  Coaching a witness is pretty easy to cover up (in both cases).  :shrug:
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
O heck yes!  what else would they possibly have to talk about?  /s

Golfing in 110 degree heat.
I will NOT comply.

Offline edpc

I don't know that any more than what you said about Nunes. 

That's what I'd like to know, but probably never will.  Coaching a witness is pretty easy to cover up (in both cases).  :shrug:

Exactly my point.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Exactly my point.

Point taken.  This story goes exactly nowhere.
I will NOT comply.