Author Topic: Rashida Tlaib's campaign paid her $17,500 in salary after Election Day, in possible violation of FEC  (Read 635 times)

Online mountaineer

Rashida Tlaib's campaign paid her $17,500 in salary after Election Day, in possible violation of FEC rules: report
 Lukas Mikelionis | Fox News
March 2, 2019

U.S. Rep. Rashida Tlaib, D-Mich., is facing questions after campaign records revealed she paid herself $17,500 as a salary after the midterm elections, in what appeared to be a violation of campaign finance rules, a report said.

Tlaib, a firebrand freshman Democrat from Detroit, has been facing scrutiny over her connections to radical anti-Israel activists and a profane call to impeach President Trump. ...

Yet the latest filings with the Federal Election Commission (FEC) may land the radical congresswoman into hot water with questions on whether her campaign broke the rules after making salary payments to Tlaib after Election Day last year.

Tlaib’s campaign began paying her a salary of about $4,000 every month since May 2018 up until the general election Nov. 6 – a perfectly legal practice if the campaign chose to do so. But according to the filings, as first spotted by the Washington Free Beacon, Tlaib also paid herself $2,000 on Nov. 16 and a whopping $15,500 on Dec. 1 – weeks after the election was over, in an apparent violation of FEC statutes.

The FEC rules state that a general election candidate is allowed to dip into campaign coffers to give himself or herself a salary only up to the election date. The candidate can no longer draw a salary after the election date, or because of other reasons that ended the campaign. ...
Full story

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
She'll claim it was back pay.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
It is ridiculous to think anything will come from this. Not only is she a Democrat, who are apparently immune from any kind of laws or rules, but also she has more than one 'race card' that she can throw down. These people in D.C., in concert with their propaganda arms in the American media, have constructed a system to make themselves untouchable. They can do anything they want to do and nothing will ever happen.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online mountaineer

She and AOC are the chosen ones. No violation of law - whether Tlaib's illegal pay or AOC's boyfriend-on-the-payroll - will affect them.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
I just heard yesterday,

These breaking campaign finance laws are rather regular with candidates....... I mean I hope they throw the book at AOC and Tlaib; but in the end, it sounds like these kinds of acts usually get fines. Are not usually something punishable by jail or anything... and unfortunately, I can look at violations of campaign finance laws from our side.

So, we will see how serious this is. Probably not a show stopper.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
No one will dare touch her.