Author Topic: Why are Democrats obsessed about slavery?  (Read 433 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Why are Democrats obsessed about slavery?
« on: March 02, 2019, 04:54:50 pm »
Posted By Craige McMillan On 03/01/2019 @ 6:45 pm In APP Frontpage,Commentary,Opinion |

A Tennessee school district apologized Thursday after a homework assignment asked students to pretend their “family owns slaves.”

Actually, it was a pretty good assignment. I don’t think Dr. Mike Looney, director of Williamson County schools, should have apologized. It was a thoughtful assignment and would likely have benefited the students, their families and even critics. The students were eighth-graders, and were asked, “Imagine that their family owns slaves and then ‘create a list of expectations’ for those slaves.”

Besides, which slaves in that school district were offended?

Dr. Looney’s real problem wasn’t that he touched the slavery-rail of “I’m offended politics”; it was that he asked students in his district to think. You see, thinking about things means you might arrive at the wrong conclusion.

Yes, it’s a harsh and brutal world outside the protected halls of the academy. Almost everything has been “thought through” by someone, who has arrived at the conclusion that benefits him or her most.

To protect yourself, you must set up an advocacy group to yell and scream the loudest for your position – because your friends and neighbors need to be protected from thinking and coming to a wrong conclusion. Wrong conclusions are ones the advocacy group founder disagrees with.

more
https://www.wnd.com/2019/03/why-are-democrats-obsessed-about-slavery/print/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Why are Democrats obsessed about slavery?
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2019, 02:38:06 am »
"Why are Democrats obsessed about slavery?"

It's really "projection".
Because they want to impose it all over again.
But on folks of a different color this time.

"Slavery" to "the new massa" -- an autocratic government that "owns" its subjects and orders their lives from cradle to grave. And the "overseers" will be the faceless apparatchik bureaucrats and judges who tell us how to behave, "for our own good".

That's why I call the blue states "the new slavery" states, and the red states "the traditional freedom states".

There's only one way the new slavery states will be forced to drop their ideology and be re-admitted to the American commonweal.
But it ain't so proper to be mentionin' that outloud in public.
Though as of late, it seems to be changin' !
« Last Edit: March 03, 2019, 02:39:13 am by Fishrrman »

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2019, 03:03:04 am »
They are NOT obsessed with slavery. They are obsessed with bringing America down by any means possible.
If they were obsessed with slavery, they would discuss current, ongoing, modern day slavery which is happening right now in Asia, the Middle East, and Africa.

A couple of years ago, an African Black Muslim group called Boko Haram captured hundreds of Black schoolgirls with the declared goal of making them into forced wives or selling them as slaves. But you never hear a word about this in any high school or college in America. Because it does not fit the agenda, White Christian American = bad, all the rest of the World = good.

Dwelling on American slavery from 150 years ago is another means the Left uses to tear America down. Since the Left cannot attack America on merits, they dredge up slavery from centuries ago (which was a normal practice worldwide at the time) to say that America is founded on social injustice. By that measure, there is no people or culture on Earth that is not tainted in one way or another. Even the Native Americans had slaves.

But, never mind with truth, accuracy, or context. That is not the point by far. The goal is to taint America with any age old issue the Left can dig up.

I'm not saying this in any other way except from my heart and my own conscience. It would be so much better for the world if the Left would get off of 200 year old slavery, and focus more on global slavery happening today. That is an issue with which I could join with them, and support them any way I can. However, the Left's relentless focus on slavery from hundreds of years ago, and only in America, obscures the global fight to end modern day slavery happening right now, today.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2019, 03:04:48 am by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2019, 03:11:01 am »

Because they can't stand the fact that it was the Republican Party that ended it.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2019, 03:39:56 pm »
Serves a multitude of needs and you guys are all right.

Democrats=Divide and Conquer

What more divisive issue is there than Slavery?
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com