Author Topic: Chris Christie says Southern District of New York should concern Trump more than Mueller probe  (Read 525 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Chris Christie says Southern District of New York should concern Trump more than Mueller probe
CNN Digital Expansion 2018 Veronica Stracqualursi

By Veronica Stracqualursi, CNN

Updated 10:27 AM ET, Fri March 1, 2019

Washington (CNN)Former New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie argued that the Southern District of New York -- and not the special counsel's Russia investigation -- presents more of a "problem and a threat" to President Donald Trump.

"I always said that (special counsel) Bob Mueller is not what should concern the President or the White House. That's the Southern District of New York," Christie, who led Trump's transition team, told CNN's Chris Cuomo Thursday night.

Christie, a former federal prosecutor, argued that the SDNY has no limit on the scope of their investigation, unlike Mueller's investigation.

more
https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/01/politics/chris-christie-trump-sdny-trump-cnntv/index.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Others have said this before him, maybe so....of course, Chris can also argue if he'd been appointed AG, maybe this investigation wouldn't be going on (I know it would be outside of an AG jurisdiction, still). So, he could be feathering his own cap.

Offline libertybele

So ... IF Christie truly was the great friend of Trump's that he claims to be, why would he make this public statement and bring focus?  Either Christie who was part of the transition team is aware of some people who  may have broken campaign finance laws (and my guess would be his buddy Kushner) or he wants to remain in the spotlight.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline corbe

Allen Weisselberg has been granted immunity, this would scare the crap out of me if I were Trump.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline skeeter

Allen Weisselberg has been granted immunity, this would scare the crap out of me if I were Trump.

They got 'em now.

Offline libertybele

...hmm....it seems he was only granted limited immunity in regards to Cohen.  Regardless, it would seem that if anyone's testimony could potentially bring down Trump it would be him.

https://www.msnbc.com/velshi-ruhle/watch/trump-org-cfo-allen-weisselberg-could-testify-in-front-of-congress-1450620995978
« Last Edit: March 02, 2019, 01:38:11 am by libertybele »

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Blah, blah, blah....SoSDD.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer

Worse, US Attorney Berman recused himself from investigations related to Trump, leaving those to his deputy. Robert Khuzami is not a political appointee. He doesn’t serve at the pleasure of the president and can’t be easily dismissed. He’s also an expert in white collar and complex financial crime. Anything that Khuzami does goes through Barr, who’s a longtime friend of Mueller. If there’s anything to be found, Trump is screwed. Khuzami has already labeled him as Individual-1 in the Cohen plea. Pecker and AMI admitted to assisting the campaign in their immunity deal. Who knows what active investigation Cohen referred to a couple days ago.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline libertybele

Worse, US Attorney Berman recused himself from investigations related to Trump, leaving those to his deputy. Robert Khuzami is not a political appointee. He doesn’t serve at the pleasure of the president and can’t be easily dismissed. He’s also an expert in white collar and complex financial crime. Anything that Khuzami does goes through Barr, who’s a longtime friend of Mueller. If there’s anything to be found, Trump is screwed. Khuzami has already labeled him as Individual-1 in the Cohen plea. Pecker and AMI admitted to assisting the campaign in their immunity deal. Who knows what active investigation Cohen referred to a couple days ago.

Why then would Trump appoint Barr or who then recommended Barr to Trump??  This seems like a very similar scenario to Trump appointing Rosenstein.  If Trump is guilty, then why does he keep appointing people who could take him down??

....hmmm...who is Trump's most trusted advisor?  Kushner. 

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Why then would Trump appoint Barr or who then recommended Barr to Trump??  This seems like a very similar scenario to Trump appointing Rosenstein.  If Trump is guilty, then why does he keep appointing people who could take him down??

....hmmm...who is Trump's most trusted advisor?  Kushner.

Initially, I thought it was Chris Christie. Incidentally, the recused Geoffrey Berman has been friends with Christie for 20 years. When I researched who suggested Barr, all I could find was he had been recommended by ‘a number of conservative advisors.’ That’s definitely not Kushner.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2019, 01:48:27 am by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline libertybele

Initially, I thought it was Chris Christie. Incidentally, the recused Geoffrey Berman has been friends with Christie for 20 years. When I researched who suggested Barr, all I could find was he had been recommended by ‘a number of conservative advisors.’ That’s definitely not Kushner.

Regardless of who advised him, I find it very difficult to believe that Trump wouldn't do some research on his own to find out for himself about Barr before appointing him to such an important role in his administration.  Trump is far from stupid.

Sessions, Mueller, Rosenstein and now Barr??  Come on.  I never could figure out why in the world he would appoint any of these people.  It just plain doesn't make sense.  There is something else going on.