Author Topic: Was John Bolton to blame for Trump-Kim no deal? (Updated)  (Read 1256 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Was John Bolton to blame for Trump-Kim no deal? (Updated)
« on: March 01, 2019, 03:27:38 am »
Excerpt:

Was John Bolton to blame for Trump-Kim no deal?

There are claims the US President’s national security adviser may have been the “spoke in the wheel” for the failed summit between Donald Trump and Kim Jong-un.
Updated Updated 2 hours ago
By Omar Dabbagh

“The story goes from this very reliable and quite senior diplomat that he (Bolton) added a new demand to Donald Trump’s agenda,” Mr Brionowski told SBS News.

“He said to Trump that ‘you should not just insist on them abolishing their whole nuclear arsenal, but getting rid of their biological and chemical warfare arsenal as well.

According to Australian diplomatic sources, Donald Trump was said to be “unprepared” for such a demand, but put it to Kim Jong-un nonetheless.

“But Kim was even less prepared, and Kim just said 'we can't talk about that, that's not on the agenda’. And Trump peremptorily stopped the discussion at that point. They didn’t even get to substantive talks,” Mr Broinowski added.

Read more at: https://www.sbs.com.au/news/was-john-bolton-to-blame-for-trump-kim-no-deal

There. Substance over prattling, this story is being reported. I'm not so sure this was a good change in the Summit program.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2019, 12:30:14 pm by TomSea »

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Newsweek!  That's all you need to know.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Every anvil needs a hammer. :whistle:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Bill Cipher

Sorry, but from what I’ve seen, walking away from this “deal” was the right thing to do.  It wasn’t a failure. 

Offline TomSea

I can't help but think, Bolton watches out for US interests, this was not a good deal.

That is, if this story is true. I've heard a few references to it.

Offline TomSea

Now, this, I'm not so sure about, chemical and biological weapons? Was this the sticking point? I'll have to think if this was a legitimate trade-off.

Former Australian Ambassador to South Korea Richard Broinowski says he has intelligence that national security advisor John Bolton stifled the summit – that was meant to focus on North Korea eventually dismantling its nuclear weapons – by adding an extra demand to negotiations.

“The story goes from this very reliable and quite senior diplomat that he (Bolton) added a new demand to Donald Trump’s agenda,” Mr Brionowski told SBS News.

“He said to Trump that ‘you should not just insist on them abolishing their whole nuclear arsenal, but getting rid of their biological and chemical warfare arsenal as well.

Read more at: https://www.sbs.com.au/news/was-john-bolton-to-blame-for-trump-kim-no-deal

If this is the story, first glance, I'm not sure if this is good. Clearly, you can kill a lot of people with this other.

Offline TomSea

Newsweek!  That's all you need to know.

It's all over the news. Some of us care to be informed.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

...and so was Jussie Smollett.  :shrug:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline TomSea

...and so was Jussie Smollett.  :shrug:

And so was Ronald Reagan and Barak Obama.  What's your point?    :shrug:

I found another story, maybe better but it was not out at the time for fuzzy wuzzies about the OP.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2019, 12:46:55 pm by TomSea »

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
And so was Ronald Reagan and Barak Obama.  What's your point?    :shrug:

I found another story, maybe better but it was not out at the time for fuzzy wuzzies about the OP.

My point is that the hateful, phony media wouldn't hesitate to involve a 3rd party as a wrench in the gears of negotiation.

...an opportunity to mock "I only hire the best people!" once again.

Yes, John Bolton is a hawk.   A necessary angel on one of Pres. Trump's shoulders. 

But that's all he is.  He certainly doesn't make a deal without the POTUS' input.

So long as he's not like that Sec of Defense nutcase in Independence Day.   :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Re: Was John Bolton to blame for Trump-Kim no deal? (Updated)
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2019, 03:48:11 am »
According to Australian diplomatic sources, Donald Trump was said to be “unprepared” for such a demand, but put it to Kim Jong-un nonetheless.

“But Kim was even less prepared, and Kim just said 'we can't talk about that, that's not on the agenda’. And Trump peremptorily stopped the discussion at that point. They didn’t even get to substantive talks,” Mr Broinowski added.

I’m guessing that exchange happened right about here.....

I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Absalom

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2019, 06:09:04 am »
Wonder how long this urinary contest will last?
Agree there was a message sent but it was directed at China.
Even toddlers know that NK is a tree house their grandpa built.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2019, 05:13:32 pm »

I’m guessing that exchange happened right about here.....

Thanks, yes, that picture speaks a thousand words alright.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

The negotiations with No Korea have already been successful, measured by the cessation of rockets for many months to the present.

The dems and the media and #nevertrump want to find failure at every turn.

I prefer to note success.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Right_in_Virginia

The negotiations with No Korea have already been successful, measured by the cessation of rockets for many months to the present.

The dems and the media and #nevertrump want to find failure at every turn.

I prefer to note success.

Me, too.   :thumbsup: