Author Topic: GOP nightmare as Alabama's Roy Moore signals he might run again  (Read 29523 times)

Offline QueenCatofAragon

Re: GOP nightmare as Alabama's Roy Moore signals he might run again
« Reply #175 on: March 01, 2019, 07:50:39 pm »
How moronic is it that this site has wasted over 100 posts on a RUMOR that Moore wants to run again.

It's discouraging that so-called Republicans cannot see the real and present danger facing us in the democrat party that has gone from bad to worse. 

We should be worried about that threat but too many posters here are wasting their breath on negative posts about Trump.  We should be worried about 2020.  Trump will run again and there will be no successful challenge against him.  And there shouldn't be.  He's done a great job.

Every nasty little smear against him is fuel for the crazy rich democrats who want to turn this country into a hellish nightmare.

I wish people here would grow up and face reality.

I’m starting to think there’s a member with the name “too many posters here.”  There must be, as often as I see it.  That guy’s a real POS from what I understand.

The good news is that, like money, posts are not finite, so they cannot be wasted.
I say this to Beto fans, Trump fans, all fans of politicians: it is un-American, ridiculous, and dangerous to be a fan of a politician. They aren't pop stars. Support them if you agree with their policies. Criticize them when they go wrong. They are servants, not celebrities. —— Matt Walsh

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #176 on: March 01, 2019, 07:54:16 pm »
Neal Young please pick up the white courtesy phone.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #177 on: March 01, 2019, 07:55:34 pm »
That right would be known as "free speech". In this case, that "right" would be endorsed by common sense, reason, and the experience of watching him lose that seat.

As for what he CAN do...he can dance the River Dance in a tutu and chase teenagers around whatever trailer park he wishes, all while running for the Senatorial nomination. Have at it Roy. What I CAN do, and have done...and will continue to do...is make the very easy argument that anyone supporting him in that endeavor is the kind of clueless fool who is more than willing to hand a conservative Senate seat to the Democrats.

Agreed!  You are perfectly entitled to do that!  And I am perfectly entitled to vehemently disagree with you!

As for the voters of Alabama, I'm sure they are wise enough to listen to input from whomever they choose...and as they've already rejected this guy once, I'd say they know what they're doing.

No! They have not!  Not without the slander at least!  Same thing happened to Herman Cain a few years ago.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline QueenCatofAragon

« Reply #178 on: March 01, 2019, 07:55:52 pm »
That is unfair @musiclady   I try to post positive things but however high your IQ may be, you are sorely lacking in common sense.  Your posts always contain criticism of our President and that is just plain stupid.  You and other NTers deserve to be under democrat rule, but then I would be too.

I wonder how Washington and the rest of the founders would respond to the idea that criticism of leaders is deserving of rule by tyranny.  What’s being described is just that.
I say this to Beto fans, Trump fans, all fans of politicians: it is un-American, ridiculous, and dangerous to be a fan of a politician. They aren't pop stars. Support them if you agree with their policies. Criticize them when they go wrong. They are servants, not celebrities. —— Matt Walsh

Offline QueenCatofAragon

« Reply #179 on: March 01, 2019, 08:01:16 pm »
Huh. I missed the part where Breitbart said we should nominate men who, whilst in their 30's, actively worked to date girls in their teens...and the part where he stated we should nominate people who are proven losers and who are nearly certain to lose again.

Must have been right after or before the quote you cited...right?

If Andrew Breitbart were alive, he would have zero use for Moore.

@Mesaclone, we’ve butted heads often, but I agree with everything you’ve posted here.  You don’t have to respond if you don’t want.  Respect.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #180 on: March 01, 2019, 08:02:05 pm »

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline QueenCatofAragon

« Reply #181 on: March 01, 2019, 08:04:31 pm »

These actions state otherwise......

Moore, 72, a former state judge, made the rounds at last Friday’s Alabama Republican Party dinner gala. A few days later, a new political action committee run by Moore’s son, Caleb Moore, issued an email fundraising appeal.

Now, if his fundraising efforts are a bust, that will likely change things.

@edpc

Today on Twitter, sponsored ads for Roy Moore have been showing up in people’s timelines.  Since he’s supposedly broke, that’s kind of interesting.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #182 on: March 01, 2019, 08:05:22 pm »

@Mesaclone, we’ve butted heads often, but I agree with everything you’ve posted here.  You don’t have to respond if you don’t want.  Respect.

Really???  Have you a license that entitles you to read the minds of the dead?

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline QueenCatofAragon

« Reply #184 on: March 01, 2019, 08:09:52 pm »
Really???  Have you a license that entitles you to read the minds of the dead?

This from the guy who claims he knows with 100% certainty Moore is innocent.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #185 on: March 01, 2019, 08:14:47 pm »
First, I haven't "convicted" him of anything. Of course, the inverse is also true in that the charges made by the 15 year old are not worthy of being disregarded either.

YES, THEY ARE. I don't care what the alleged crime is anywhere, without corroboration, and without evidence, YES the accusation must be discarded! You don;t convict a man and send him to prison without evidence, and neither do you strip a man of his honor without same.

But that's not really my point. My point is, because of those charges and his admitted willingness to date teenagers whilst in his 30's...he is guaranteed to lose another Senate seat that conservatives can ill afford to lose. What kind of stupidity would consider that a good nomination when the alternative is to run a DIFFERENT solid conservative who will win rather easily.

Oh bullcrap. Those charges have ALL been PROVEN FALSE, with the little bit that is left refuted with good cause.

And the 'dating teenagers' thing is bullcrap too. By all accounts he has been faithful to his wife for decades. That is not the way pedophiles work. It ain't something they turn off.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #186 on: March 01, 2019, 08:16:03 pm »
ROFLMFAO!!!!

888high58888

It is the allegory that makes me laugh. IMO, it is perfect for this thread.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #187 on: March 01, 2019, 08:17:40 pm »

I'm glad to respond and grateful for your perspective.  The respect is mutual.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #188 on: March 01, 2019, 08:18:19 pm »
Roy Moore has been wrongfully accused.  I think it would be absolutely wonderful if he ran again and this time WON!  He would be winning AGAINST the GOPe and the liberal trash and most importantly he would be winning for the people of AL.

That's right.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #189 on: March 01, 2019, 08:24:06 pm »
The party probably won't want to take that chance again (my bet), so....

So....? I don’t quite follow what you’re saying, but I think I’ve got an idea. With the amount of votes he received last time, there’s at least tens of thousands that support him. The GOP can’t stop him from raising money on his own. Would they cut him off from party funds, if he survived the primary? Maybe, but that would likely create a split ticket on the right, ensuring Jones was re-elected. Is that what you think would happen?
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #190 on: March 01, 2019, 08:27:38 pm »
 https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2018/09/13/google-big-tech-bias-hurts-democracy-not-just-conservatives-column/1265020002/

Not just conservatives: Google and Big Tech can shift millions of votes in any direction

My randomized, controlled and peer-reviewed research on SEME shows that when one candidate is favored in search results, that can easily shift the voting preferences of undecided voters by 20 percent or more — up to 80 percent in some demographic groups. My new research on SSE suggests that (a) Google is manipulating opinions from the very first character people type into the Google search bar, and (b) by manipulating search suggestions (those phrases they flash at you while you’re typing your search term), Google can turn a 50/50 split among undecided voters into an astonishing 90/10 split.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #191 on: March 01, 2019, 08:31:58 pm »
This from the guy who claims he knows with 100% certainty Moore is innocent.

What I know with absolute certainty is that if there were any truth to these BS allegations they would not have waited forty years to come to light.  Roy Moore has been a public figure in Alabama for most of his life and is well known there yet these allegations only arose when he was well on his way to replacing Jeff Sessions in the U.S. Senate!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #192 on: March 01, 2019, 08:32:54 pm »
https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2018/09/13/google-big-tech-bias-hurts-democracy-not-just-conservatives-column/1265020002/

Not just conservatives: Google and Big Tech can shift millions of votes in any direction

My randomized, controlled and peer-reviewed research on SEME shows that when one candidate is favored in search results, that can easily shift the voting preferences of undecided voters by 20 percent or more — up to 80 percent in some demographic groups. My new research on SSE suggests that (a) Google is manipulating opinions from the very first character people type into the Google search bar, and (b) by manipulating search suggestions (those phrases they flash at you while you’re typing your search term), Google can turn a 50/50 split among undecided voters into an astonishing 90/10 split.

Very true!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline edpc

« Reply #193 on: March 01, 2019, 08:34:56 pm »
What I know with absolute certainty is that if there were any truth to these BS allegations they would not have waited forty years to come to light.  Roy Moore has been a public figure in Alabama for most of his life and is well known there yet these allegations only arose whe, n he was well on his way to replacing Jeff Sessions in the U.S. Senate!

Actually, he would have replaced Luther Strange.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #194 on: March 01, 2019, 08:37:11 pm »

Actually, he would have replaced Luther Strange.

Right!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #195 on: March 01, 2019, 08:38:14 pm »
Very true!

I haven't asked.

How many Alabamans are posting on this thread?

How many Alabamannequins?

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #196 on: March 01, 2019, 08:39:51 pm »
I haven't asked.

I know of one for sure who has.  @Sighlass

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline edpc

« Reply #197 on: March 01, 2019, 08:40:23 pm »
I haven't asked.

I was born near Pensacola. Floridians tell me that's actually S. Alabama. That should count.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #198 on: March 01, 2019, 08:47:31 pm »
I haven't asked.

I had to sound that out three times.

Alabama isn't the point, and neither is Roy Moore in the end.
In purpose, I don't give a crap about either one.
I do care that a man can be crucified in the court of public opinion.
I do care that a man's honor can be so readily discarded with absolutely no evidence.

Worm-Tongue whispers in many ears.

Offline XenaLee

• Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
« Reply #199 on: March 01, 2019, 08:48:33 pm »

So....? I don’t quite follow what you’re saying, but I think I’ve got an idea. With the amount of votes he received last time, there’s at least tens of thousands that support him. The GOP can’t stop him from raising money on his own. Would they cut him off from party funds, if he survived the primary? Maybe, but that would likely create a split ticket on the right, ensuring Jones was re-elected. Is that what you think would happen?

Yeah, the probability is high that if Moore runs again, against the wishes of the GOP, the ticket will go to the rats..... yet again.   I think Moore was railroaded (Herman Cained).. but the same thing will happen again....and that is, as you know, the definition of insanity (expecting different results from the same stupid chit).
No quarter given to the enemy within...ever.

You can vote your way into socialism, but you have to shoot your way out of it.