Author Topic: Trump, Kim Summit Ends With No Agreement  (Read 6811 times)

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Re: Trump, Kim Summit Ends With No Agreement
« Reply #75 on: March 04, 2019, 12:29:55 pm »
By the way:

Trump blames Cohen testimony for failed deal with North Korea

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-blames-cohen-testimony-for-failed-deal-with-north-korea/2019/03/03/4d11c082-3e26-11e9-a44b-42f4df262a4c_story.html?utm_term=.3dc

*****rollingeyes*****

“It was about the sanctions Cohen,” Trump said. “Basically, they wanted the sanctions lifted in their entirety $130K not to talk to the press, and we couldn’t do that. They were willing to denuke a large portion of the areas that we wanted sign an NDA, but we couldn’t give up all of the sanctions hush money for that.”

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-wasnt-prepared-to-lift-us-sanctions-on-north-korea-leading-to-abrupt-end-to-summit
« Last Edit: March 04, 2019, 12:31:17 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #76 on: March 04, 2019, 01:35:07 pm »
This has all the earmarkings of the next tempest in a teapot.  Here is what the President said rather than @edpc 's "interpretation".

Donald Trump
Verified accountï‚™ @realDonaldTrump 

For the Democrats to interview in open hearings a convicted liar & fraudster, at the same time as the very important Nuclear Summit with North Korea, is perhaps a new low in American politics and may have contributed to the “walk.” Never done when a president is overseas. Shame!

5:01 PM - 3 Mar 2019

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1102373344987496448?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

« Last Edit: March 04, 2019, 01:38:19 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline edpc

« Reply #77 on: March 04, 2019, 02:11:20 pm »
This has all the earmarkings of the next tempest in a teapot.  Here is what the President said rather than @edpc 's "interpretation".

B-effing-S. Immediately after the talks broke off, sanctions were noted as the cause, as the strike sections of my post show. The embellishments are to show how re-goddam-diculous he sounds, mentioning Cohen well after the fact.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #79 on: March 04, 2019, 03:11:35 pm »

B-effing-S. Immediately after the talks broke off, sanctions were noted as the cause, as the strike sections of my post show. The embellishments are to show how re-goddam-diculous he sounds, mentioning Cohen well after the fact.

Talk about "B-effing-S" @edpc   If the President says "good morning" he sounds "re-goddam-diculous" to you.  It's your curse.   :laugh:

Offline edpc

« Reply #80 on: March 04, 2019, 03:14:13 pm »
Talk about "B-effing-S" @edpc   If the President says "good morning" he sounds "re-goddam-diculous" to you.  It's your curse.   :laugh:

He says ‘good morning’ and to you it’s the greatest utterance ever made. Your vomit inducing obsequiousness ceased to be amusing long ago.

Offline Mod2

« Reply #81 on: March 04, 2019, 03:19:07 pm »
This thread is not about you two.  Stick to the topic.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #82 on: March 04, 2019, 03:53:22 pm »
 It was remarked on and by many that the Cohen testimony at a minimum, was a distraction to the talks.  It was a bit of sabotage by the Dems, disgraceful, really.

Offline edpc

« Reply #83 on: March 04, 2019, 03:59:01 pm »
I suppose we can completely ignore the fact this appearance was based upon the fact he was already scheduled to be in DC the day the summit began, because the republican controlled senate intelligence committee had him appear under subpoena. They’re blameless, though, right?

Offline Absalom

« Reply #84 on: March 04, 2019, 04:02:12 pm »
So that's the official spin, huh?   *****rollingeyes*****
-------------------------------
Respectfully but seriously, Japan, China and SK are the ranking Asian powers; NK
being a 3rd rate nobody having to import food to feed its people, is Asia's Venezuela.
Attributing stature to NK, which they neither deserve nor have earned, is media
malarkey to diminish Trump; their daily obsession.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #85 on: March 04, 2019, 04:24:39 pm »
I suppose we can completely ignore the fact this appearance was based upon the fact he was already scheduled to be in DC the day the summit began, because the republican controlled senate intelligence committee had him appear under subpoena. They’re blameless, though, right?

Poor ol' dems.  Just a victim of circumstance.

Offline edpc

« Reply #86 on: March 04, 2019, 04:55:39 pm »
Poor ol' dems Trump.  Just a victim of circumstance his inability to negotiate.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #87 on: March 04, 2019, 05:10:32 pm »
Poor ol' dems Trump.  Just a victim of circumstance his inability to negotiate.

Nothing is ever his fault.  He is never a failure.  Always has to have a scapegoat. 

Offline TomSea

« Reply #88 on: March 04, 2019, 05:15:38 pm »

EDPC is a treasure to the forum with this kind of knowledge, I was reading up a bit.  The committee is split, 8-7.  I will be glad to acknowledge any lack of knowledge on such situations.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #89 on: March 04, 2019, 05:17:40 pm »
OTOH:

Dan Crenshaw
‏Verified account @DanCrenshawTX

Trump’s critics are desperately trying to frame the North Korea summit as a Trump failure. This is reactionary, disingenuous, and predictable.

Denuclearization will take time, more talks, and incremental steps. I’m grateful that we have a leader willing to do that.
4:06 AM - 1 Mar 2019

https://twitter.com/DanCrenshawTX/status/1101453692350484481

That's great if some declare the summit a failure. However, that is not the only view out there.

Offline edpc

« Reply #90 on: March 04, 2019, 05:22:58 pm »
Nothing is ever his fault.  He is never a failure.  Always has to have a scapegoat.

If you want to see just how out of his league he is with negotiations, watch his lead in the China trade talks explain clearly what a memorandum of understanding is, then call it something else, just to shut him up.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Offline edpc

« Reply #91 on: March 04, 2019, 05:29:02 pm »
OTOH:

That's great if some declare the summit a failure. However, that is not the only view out there.

In my view, it would have been a failure to make a bad deal. You can call it a waste of time or lack of progress, but it’s not a complete failure.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #92 on: March 04, 2019, 05:31:38 pm »
EDPC is a treasure to the forum with this kind of knowledge, I was reading up a bit.  The committee is split, 8-7.  I will be glad to acknowledge any lack of knowledge on such situations.

The committee is split [along Party lines], 8-7.

Fixed it... :smokin:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline edpc

« Reply #93 on: March 04, 2019, 05:35:47 pm »
The committee is split [along Party lines], 8-7.

Fixed it... :smokin:

I fixed the fix.   :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #94 on: March 04, 2019, 05:36:29 pm »

In my view, it would have been a failure to make a bad deal. You can call it a waste of time or lack of progress, but it’s not a complete failure.

Totally agree, it's not a complete failure.  I disagree the Rats posturing in a committee caused the walkaway, I just think NK was trying too hard to press for relief from sanctions before they start dismantling their Nuke program.  That was a non-starter.  It was unwise of President Trump to muddy the waters by blaming Rats for it.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #95 on: March 04, 2019, 05:36:59 pm »
I will NOT comply.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #96 on: March 04, 2019, 10:10:22 pm »
This thread is not about you two.  Stick to the topic.

............. :thumbsup:

Offline edpc

« Reply #97 on: March 05, 2019, 03:21:17 pm »
North Korean Foreign Minister Ri Yong Ho, in a rare press statement, told reporters in Hanoi Thursday, "Our proposal will never be changed, even though the United States proposes negotiation again in the future."

When asked about that by USA Today, Pompeo blasted the reporter, saying, "That’s not what the North Koreans said. Don't say things that aren't true." But when he was read the quote from Ri, Pompeo reportedly "fell silent for about six seconds" before saying, "What they said is they're prepared to continue conversations with us, and that's what we intend to do."

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/despite-no-progress-trump-senior-aides-spin-north-133103881--abc-news-topstories.html

Pompeo should just do like Haley did and get out, while the getting is good. That way, he can focus on an easy win for the KS US Senate seat in 2020.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #98 on: March 07, 2019, 01:09:40 am »
President Trump is going to pull, this one off i have faith in Him this is still the early stages of negotiations and i see really GOOD things coming out of this meeting it will just take a little time and patients to get there

Yes, Walking Liberty. I did see, a good outcome.  Kim wanted all sanctions removed...he had to try...President TRUMP said "NO".  Kim is now clear on what president Trump wants. Kim had to "try".  He was testing TRUMP.  This will be on going. No one knows for how long. At least President TRUMP negotiated a meeting, twice now with KIM. Others did not even get that far, yet they want to criticize.

P.S. I did read somewhere that an assassination attempt was going to be made,  on BOTH KIM & TRUMP...so the meeting had to stop quickly.  I don't know. Just something I read, somewhere. 

BTW.  WELCOME.    888high58888  I am still fairly new on here too. 
« Last Edit: March 07, 2019, 01:17:01 am by LegalAmerican »

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #99 on: March 07, 2019, 01:21:17 am »

I agree with president TRUMP. The world is watching and seeing what is going on in America, undermining our president.

They all needed to focus on that meeting.  No doubt KIM felt slighted by American MEDIA & CONGRESS.  Who knows, maybe Kim got uppity because of LEFTS IN OUR COUNTRY BAD MOUTHING MY PRESIDENT?  Internet is everywhere.