Author Topic: Democrats block abortion bill in Senate  (Read 849 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Democrats block abortion bill in Senate
« on: February 25, 2019, 11:41:35 pm »
Democrats block abortion bill in Senate
By Jordain Carney - 02/25/19 06:31 PM EST

Senate Democrats blocked legislation on Monday meant to respond to a political firestorm sparked in Virginia over "late-term abortion."

Senators voted 53-44 on the legislation from Sen. Ben Sasse (R-Neb.), which needed 60 votes to advance.

Democratic Sens. Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.), Doug Jones (D-Ala.) and Bob Casey (D-Pa.) voted to proceed to the bill. The legislation would penalize doctors who fail to "exercise the proper degree of care in the case of a child who survives an abortion or attempted abortion."

Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) touted the bill ahead of Monday night’s vote, where it was widely expected to fall short, urging Democrats to reject “extreme voices” within their own party.

“It isn’t about new restrictions on abortion. It isn’t about changing the options available to women. It’s just about recognizing that a newborn baby is a newborn baby. Period,” he said.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/431504-democrats-block-abortion-bill-in-senate
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Democrats block abortion bill in Senate
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2019, 11:44:56 pm »
Despicable.  It make me sick to my stomach just to think how immoral these elected leaders are.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2019, 01:44:25 am »
How can any person object to taking care of a baby born alive?

What is the alternative?

Murder the innocent kid?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2019, 02:10:58 am »
Donald J. Trump
Verified accountï‚™ @realDonaldTrump 

Senate Democrats just voted against legislation to prevent the killing of newborn infant children. The Democrat position on abortion is now so extreme that they don’t mind executing babies AFTER birth....

....This will be remembered as one of the most shocking votes in the history of Congress. If there is one thing we should all agree on, it’s protecting the lives of innocent babies.

5:50 PM - 25 Feb 2019

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1100211495223218176

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1100211499350450176

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2019, 02:46:10 am »
Democrats Hoping To Be The Next President All Voted Against Born Alive Bill And One Republican Didn’t Even Vote
Daily Caller, Feb 25, 2019

Democratic presidential hopefuls Kamala Harris of California, Amy Klobuchar of Minnesota, Cory Booker of New Jersey, Sherrod Brown of Ohio, Kirsten Gillibrand of New York and Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts  voted against the bill. Independent Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders also voted against the measure. Democratic Illinois Sen. Tammy Duckworth described the bill as an obvious effort “to bully doctors out of giving reproductive care,” and voted against it.

Democratic Sens. Joe Manchin of West Virginia, Bob Casey of Pennsylvania, and Doug Jones of Alabama voted in favor of the bill.

Republican Alaska Sen. Lisa Murkowski didn’t vote. Republican South Carolina Sen. Tim Scott was reportedly on his way to vote in favor of the measure. “He would’ve absolutely voted for it,” a National Review writer tweeted.

More:  https://dailycaller.com/2019/02/25/senate-born-alive-act-abortion/

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2019, 02:48:48 am »
Republican Alaska Sen. Lisa Murkowski didn’t vote
She hasn't been a Republican since 2010. Let's admit it.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2019, 03:25:49 am »
She hasn't been a Republican since 2010. Let's admit it.

Yes she has. And that's the problem.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2019, 04:38:00 am »
I'm guessing some Senators really didn't give a sh1t since it had no chance of passing the House.  For President Trump and all those shocked by the vote I'd just like to say get a clue.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2019, 12:10:13 pm »
Donald Trump Blasts Democrats As 'Born Alive' Abortion Bill Fails In Senate: 'They Don’t Mind Executing Babies After Birth'
By Donica Phifer On 2/26/19

https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-blasts-democrats-abortion-bill-fails-senate-they-dont-mind-1343571

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2019, 12:17:59 pm »
I'm guessing some Senators really didn't give a sh1t since it had no chance of passing the House.  For President Trump and all those shocked by the vote I'd just like to say get a clue.
@Once-Ler

Oh, that's really big of you to say, it's just infanticide.  Wow, just wow. It's good to spotlight the Devilcrat party on this. It's good to be able to say "look at the Democrats on this",

Klanned Parenthood, Puppet master of the Democratic Party.

So nobody cares about infanticide? Wow, just wow... if this isn't that, it's sure close and I'd definitely call it that.

If in the late 1950s, those for civil rights equality were in the minority, one could just say "who gives a ____, bills not going to pass anyway.", that certainly takes a lot of integrity (sarcasm off).

http://www.klannedparenthood.com/
« Last Edit: February 26, 2019, 12:30:30 pm by TomSea »

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2019, 12:31:18 pm »