Author Topic: Plan B for rebel Republicans: Wound Trump so he'll lose to a Democrat in general election  (Read 458 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Plan B for rebel Republicans: Wound Trump so he'll lose to a Democrat in general election
by David M. Drucker
 | February 25, 2019 12:00 AM

President Trump’s antagonists inside the Republican Party now have a fallback plan to scuttle his re-election: using the 2020 primary fight as a bludgeon to inflict irreparable political damage on him in the November general election.

The "Never Trump" movement’s preferred strategy is to recruit a formidable Republican who might block the president’s renomination, or at least mount an aggressive challenge that presses him all the way to the convention in Charlotte set for late summer next year. Efforts are underway to woo Gov. Larry Hogan of Maryland and other top Republicans uneasy with Trump.

Short of that, key renegade Republicans are preparing to settle for Plan B: mortally wound him.

“The example of Pat Buchanan is certainly in the minds of many of us of a certain age; impossible to win, eminently possible to wound,” Rick Wilson, a Republican consultant and leading Trump foe, told the Washington Examiner.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/campaigns/plan-b-for-rebel-republicans-wound-trump-so-hell-lose-to-a-democrat-in-general-election
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Plan B for rebel Republicans: Wound Trump so he'll lose to a Democrat in general election
by David M. Drucker
 | February 25, 2019 12:00 AM

President Trump’s antagonists inside the Republican Party now have a fallback plan to scuttle his re-election: using the 2020 primary fight as a bludgeon to inflict irreparable political damage on him in the November general election.

The "Never Trump" movement’s preferred strategy is to recruit a formidable Republican who might block the president’s renomination, or at least mount an aggressive challenge that presses him all the way to the convention in Charlotte set for late summer next year. Efforts are underway to woo Gov. Larry Hogan of Maryland and other top Republicans uneasy with Trump.

Short of that, key renegade Republicans are preparing to settle for Plan B: mortally wound him.

“The example of Pat Buchanan is certainly in the minds of many of us of a certain age; impossible to win, eminently possible to wound,” Rick Wilson, a Republican consultant and leading Trump foe, told the Washington Examiner.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/campaigns/plan-b-for-rebel-republicans-wound-trump-so-hell-lose-to-a-democrat-in-general-election

In the realm of possibilities of someone like AOC running in the future do the NT'ers understand that she has suggested stopping human life in order to save the planet?

Their first plan should be stop the unhinged lunacy of the leftist nut cases; that sector of the DEM party is growing.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Sometimes I think writers like this one are more trying to drum up opposition than reporting on its actually happening.

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
Sometimes I think writers like this one are more trying to drum up opposition than reporting on its actually happening.

Sometimes?