Author Topic: With women in combat roles, a federal court rules the male-only draft unconstitutional  (Read 9629 times)

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
Right now, in an all volunteer force, the percentages of "unplanned" pregnancies is causing serious force readiness issues.  In the Navy, the women are taken off ship, leaving the crew short handed.  The situation is the same in the other branches.  The pregnant female still counts against the unit, so the unit now has to pick up her workload as well until a replacement is sent.  The ripple effect this causes creates a lot of extra work, frustration and for those who have to deploy before they're due, anger.   

https://stream.org/deployed-us-navy-pregnancy-problem-getting-worse/

https://apps.dtic.mil/dtic/tr/fulltext/u2/a395136.pdf

https://stream.org/u-s-military-seems-ready-motherhood-warfare/

Now, let's assume for a minute that women are drafted against their will. 

I'll bet you a donut that the first thing they'll do to get out of it is find a willing "partner" and they're gone.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Looks like this is "the Seinfeld thread" of the day, gettin' all the attention.

I'll make one comment and be done with it:
Civilized societies DO NOT send their women into combat.
That is all...

Offline goodwithagun

Looks like this is "the Seinfeld thread" of the day, gettin' all the attention.

I'll make one comment and be done with it:
Civilized societies DO NOT send their women into combat.
That is all...

We conservatives agree, we’re just pointing out what happens when the chickens come home to roost. Wait, is that sexist?
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
Maybe the draft shouldn't exist.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Online roamer_1

A woman's life is not inherently more important than a man's life.

Yes it is. In almost every species, the female is more important than the male. We are no different.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

And in China they never go to church.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline goodwithagun

Yes it is. In almost every species, the female is more important than the male. We are no different.

Just examine how flashy the male species versus the camouflage of the female species. I give you my state bird: the Cardinal.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Online roamer_1

Just examine how flashy the male species versus the camouflage of the female species. I give you my state bird: the Cardinal.

All this stuff is easy to figure out ten miles off the gravel. Ain't a woman alive who would want to be out there for any time without a man, especially if her kids are there... And that's women that know how.

This woman-warrior crap is insanity.

Offline goodwithagun

All this stuff is easy to figure out ten miles off the gravel. Ain't a woman alive who would want to be out there for any time without a man, especially if her kids are there... And that's women that know how.

This woman-warrior crap is insanity.

As I like to say about my marriage: I real woman can handle it all. A real man would never let her. I’m sitting here typing after swiping Aquaphore on my radiation burns as hubby does the dishes. He’s my hero ❤️❤️❤️

Modified to add: Don’t f#$& with mama bear. I will pull my legally concealed weapon and double tap your ass if you mess with my cubs.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2019, 02:27:50 am by goodwithagun »
I stand with Roosgirl.

Online roamer_1

The draft ALWAYS exists. You just don't know it.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

@Dexter, the shortest posts are usually the best.  The idea the draft shouldn't exist?  It's worth pondering, because the registration system is not free.

So, I'll see if I can remember the deal last time we had a draft.  It was Vietnam.  I was 14 when it ended...the war and the draft.  All males had to register at age 19 and get Classification.  They were assigned codes...1-A meant one is fully capable and ready to go.  4-F meant not qualified at all.  The list of Classification codes is interesting, find it here:

https://www.sss.gov/Classifications

In addition, Selective Service created a lottery they drew from a computer "basket" every year, with 365 balls (366 for a leap year) for days.  The first ball out of the "basket" was position 1, for first choice and 365 for last.  I think they used a random number generator.

Registration ended in 1975 (the year before I turned 18, BTW).  The Selective Service went into a "deep standby" status, which is not quite closed.  In the Summer of 1980 Registration resumed. 

From the SSS dot gov site:
TODAY, approximately 124 full-time paid employees of the Selective Service System are primarily civilians hired under the rules prescribed by the Officer of Personnel Management (formerly U.S. Civil Service Commission). Reserve forces are composed of approximately 150 National Guard and Reserve officers who are assigned to Selective Service for their monthly drills and two-week active duty training sessions each year. In the event of an emergency, these officers could be called to active duty to augment the full-time staff.

The present structure of the agency consists of the National Headquarters, Data Management Center, and three Region Headquarters. State and local offices were closed in 1976 and would be reactivated only if inductions should be resumed.

So that's how we got to where we are today.

"Maybe the draft shouldn't exist?"  I'd add, "Is it even desirable?"

A standing argument is, "Modern soldiers require years to properly train with the high-tech equipment."  It's a compelling argument, and probably why nobody seems to be advocating restarting induction. Conscripts would typically serve a year or so, and it would take that long just to get them field capable.  What's the point in that?  If you assigned them to a lesser trained job (there are plenty) they won't have much rapport with the Combat Soldiers who trained for years..the "professional army."  That's been the paradigm so far.

So why register if the government has no intention of using the information?  I've wondered that for years.  The reason to exist has gone obsolete.  But, as government institutions are wont to do, the bureaucrats staked out their turf and refuse to agree to shut it down and throw all their families out of work.  They lobby Congress to keep it in the budgets and CRs.  Oh, and they need to keep the Social Experimentation Labs primed.  If dumping SSS can help collapse that, then I think it deserves a good hard look.

The only purpose is to keep bullshit stories like the original article at the top of the thread and in turn keep feminist controversy alive and a political football.  That and neither the Congress or the President don't want to be faced with "raising an army of conscripts" when contemplating a war, it would require explaining to the Proles.

For the record:  I never registered, and it was perfectly legal.  Like I said, I turned 18 about 6 weeks after the registration stopped.  When it resumed in 1980, the upper limit in age for registration was 21 and I was 22.  They never asked me.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
The draft ALWAYS exists. You just don't know it.

Uhyup.  True dat.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online roamer_1

As I like to say about my marriage: I real woman can handle it all. A real man would never let her. I’m sitting here typing after swiping Aquaphore on my radiation burns as hubby does the dishes. He’s my hero ❤️❤️❤️

Modified to add: Don’t f#$& with mama bear. I will pull my legally concealed weapon and double tap your ass if you mess with my cubs.

All that is damn well right. But there is a place that men can go that women cannot.
Can a woman plow a field with a two-bottom plow and a pair of Clydes? Yeah - If the old man is busted up. She can do it some, but she can't flat do it always.

I know exactly two women who have enough hair that they stayed on the homestead after the old man kicked it. And both of em do it because their neighbors help em out. And in both cases, the homestead is all the way run down. Like I said, they are both tough as nails just to stay, God bless em, but they can't really make it go. All the fences are failing, the roofs are gone, the stock is rough, if it is there at all, the pastures are getting way overgrown to brush, and all the machinery quit a long time ago... But the place is painted, the lawn is mowed, and the gardens are beautiful.

I get it all the way wrt a woman protecting her cubs (see here with every respect). But naturally, the old man is dead or gone before it ever comes to that!

But even so, that is not war. No woman I know can take a forced march with an 80 lb pack. Heck, just taking a walk out in the bush with a woman slows a man down a ton. I can go roughly 2/3 of the way with a woman along, and I will be packing most of her crap.

It's alright - I don't mind it. It's just how it is. But this nonsense that a woman can do anything a man can do is sheer nonsense. And that goes the other way around too, btw. There are plenty of things a woman does better than a man.

They ain't equal, either way. They are different. And thank God for the difference. We ain't made to be the same. We're made to make up the difference for the other.

Offline thackney

@DCPatriot not so sure that’s a point that bolsters your argument:

“Women currently make up 3% of the IDF's combat soldiers. Women were employed in full combat roles during the War of Independence and early years. An incident involving the abuse of a woman's corpse led to their withdrawal from full combat until 2000, when the Caracal Battalion was raised...

Despite being officially classified as combat soldiers, women in combat roles are not deliberately deployed into combat situations. They are expected to respond in the event a combat situation does erupt, but are not deployed to situations where there is a high risk of combat.”  From wiki.

Being drafted does not mean they have to serve in combat roles.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Being drafted does not mean they have to serve in combat roles.

The Other End of the Spear: The Tooth- to-Tail Ratio (T3R) in Modern Military Operations: https://www.armyupress.army.mil/portals/7/combat-studies-institute/csi-books/mcgrath_op23.pdf

Offline jpsb

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
. Conscripts would typically serve a year or so, and it would take that long just to get them field capable.  What's the point in that? 

Back in WWI Conscripts served 12 months. Before Nam it had in increased to 24 months.  Plenty of time to become "Field Capable" in a "Time of Need".

Offline goodwithagun

All that is damn well right. But there is a place that men can go that women cannot.
Can a woman plow a field with a two-bottom plow and a pair of Clydes? Yeah - If the old man is busted up. She can do it some, but she can't flat do it always.

I know exactly two women who have enough hair that they stayed on the homestead after the old man kicked it. And both of em do it because their neighbors help em out. And in both cases, the homestead is all the way run down. Like I said, they are both tough as nails just to stay, God bless em, but they can't really make it go. All the fences are failing, the roofs are gone, the stock is rough, if it is there at all, the pastures are getting way overgrown to brush, and all the machinery quit a long time ago... But the place is painted, the lawn is mowed, and the gardens are beautiful.

I get it all the way wrt a woman protecting her cubs (see here with every respect). But naturally, the old man is dead or gone before it ever comes to that!

But even so, that is not war. No woman I know can take a forced march with an 80 lb pack. Heck, just taking a walk out in the bush with a woman slows a man down a ton. I can go roughly 2/3 of the way with a woman along, and I will be packing most of her crap.

It's alright - I don't mind it. It's just how it is. But this nonsense that a woman can do anything a man can do is sheer nonsense. And that goes the other way around too, btw. There are plenty of things a woman does better than a man.

They ain't equal, either way. They are different. And thank God for the difference. We ain't made to be the same. We're made to make up the difference for the other.

I agree completely. My husband is a professional firefighter and I will attest to the fact that we are different. At the same time, don’t @#$& with my cubs. My husband would be lethal, but I would play with you for a while.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Online roamer_1

I agree completely. My husband is a professional firefighter and I will attest to the fact that we are different. At the same time, don’t @#$& with my cubs. My husband would be lethal, but I would play with you for a while.

:beer: :patriot: :seeya: