State Chapters > NY/NJ

Should this NJ native be let back into the U.S.?

<< < (2/15) > >>

Sanguine:

--- Quote from: Freya on February 23, 2019, 03:21:34 pm ---@Sanguine I went with the title from the article. I thought that was correct.

If a mod wants to change the titles and move it to polls that’s fine.
@mystery-ak
@Cyber Liberty
@mods

--- End quote ---

I understand. Just pointing out what the "journalists" are doing. 

Cyber Liberty:

--- Quote from: Freya on February 23, 2019, 03:21:34 pm ---@Sanguine I went with the title from the article. I thought that was correct.

If a mod wants to change the titles and move it to polls that’s fine.
@mystery-ak
@Cyber Liberty
@mods

--- End quote ---

The title is the original title of the Article?  Fine by me, @Freya.  And thanks for the poll!

Bill Cipher:

--- Quote from: Sanguine on February 23, 2019, 03:19:49 pm ---@Freya, framing it as a "NJ native" prejudices the question.  She may have been born there, but her parents' diplomatic position at the time of her birth negates the "native" part.  She is a Yemeni citizen.

--- End quote ---

There is some ambiguity over that since he was apparently terminated several weeks before she was born. 

catfish1957:

--- Quote from: Freya on February 23, 2019, 02:31:30 pm ---Here’s the backstory. Young woman born in Hackensack back in 1984. She’s the daughter of a Yemeni diplomat.

She leaves her home in Alabama in 2014 to become an ISIS bride. After 3 husbands, and two failed pregnancies she wants to come back to the states with her 19 month son. She left her latest husband after being disenchanted with the marriage.
(From NJ 101.5. Link below)

http://nj1015.com/should-this-nj-native-be-let-back-into-the-u-s/

One more article same source

http://nj1015.com/isis-bride-was-born-in-hackensack-but-u-s-not-letting-her-return/

This has caused a lot of debate on the radio. Curious to see what you all think. If you look at the poll
On their site the overwhelming response is something like she made her bed, she should lie in it.

There is a similar case in England right now where a teenager who I think was 15 or 16 left for the same and is now wanting to come home after several years as well.

--- End quote ---

Too bad you didn't have a choice of "Yes" with a public hanging.  Back in the good old days, that's how we handled traitors.

Sanguine:

--- Quote from: Bill Cipher on February 23, 2019, 07:38:28 pm ---There is some ambiguity over that since he was apparently terminated several weeks before she was born.

--- End quote ---

Not really.  His presence and his permission to be here were predicated on the fact that he was a diplomat.

And, remember, she also has Yemeni citizenship.  Not having American citizenship does not leave her stateless.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version