Author Topic: Reevaluating the Electoral College  (Read 2632 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Re: Reevaluating the Electoral College
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2019, 03:55:34 pm »
How is that a violation of equal protection, since the Constitution expressly grants the power to the state legislatures to come up with their own mechanisms for choosing electors?

Article I, Section 10 of the U.S. Constitution states that: "No State shall, without the Consent of Congress ... enter into any Agreement or Compact with another State, or with a foreign Power
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2019, 04:01:01 pm »
I suggested last year that any State found to have allowed illegal immigrants to vote in Presidential elections shall have their electoral college votes declared null and void.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2019, 04:03:14 pm »
I suggested last year that any State found to have allowed illegal immigrants to vote in Presidential elections shall have their electoral college votes declared null and void.

:amen:
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Taxcontrol

• "Stupid should hurt" - Dad's wisdom
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2019, 04:39:48 pm »
I am of the opinion that each Congressional district (1 electoral vote) needs to vote for the President.

For the candidate that wins the majority (50% plus) districts in the state, they get an additional (1 senator) vote.

For the candidate that wins the most votes (50% plus) in the state, they get an additional (1 senator) vote.

If there is not a majority winner for the congressional district, re-vote in 30 days with only the top two candidates on the ballot.

If there is no majority of districts, the governor awards the vote to one of the top two candidates

If there is no majority of state wide votes, the governor awards the vote to one of the top two candidates

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2019, 05:05:36 pm »
Taxcontrol...that is nonsense.

Our founders had it right.  To avoid the tyranny of the mob, the Electoral College is a sound methodology.  To be precise, the EC is the ONLY metric to get elected president of the USA.  Both Gore and Clinton knew this, it was not thrust upon them after the election.

In Clinton's case, I suppose she thought she had such a lock on Wisconsin, that she did not need to campaign there.  She spent her time in New York and California instead, or spent no time at all campaigning.  Do any of you remember her being missing for weeks at a time?  The arrogant sow thought she was entitled to the victory.  She did not work to earn that election.  Trump was campaigning 18 hours every day.  If you think hard work does not pay off, then you do not understand America.

Again the metric that our founders structured is a solid method of selecting the best candidate.  Mob majorities just do not count.  It is not a metric.  And I agree that when a state is proven to have massive voter fraud, as in the case of California, their EC should be disqualified.

« Last Edit: February 26, 2019, 05:07:32 pm by jafo2010 »

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2019, 05:17:45 pm »
Actually, I think it -is- time to reconsider how the Electoral College should operate. But this doesn't mean abolishing it.

Rather, I believe it should be revised (by Constitutional Amendment) to work the way it works in Maine and Nebraska.

In those states, electoral votes are won by the votes of each Congressional District (rather than a "winner-take-all" scenario).

Yes, the Pubbies would take a hit in Texas, but they would also pick up elsewhere. I believe things would even out to "more than favorable" towards Republicans than the current system works today.

The Republicans should push this as alternative to the "National Popular Vote" laws that are being passed in the blue states.
Not a terrible idea... but then that means you have gerrymandering factored into Presidential elections.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2019, 05:33:29 pm »
That's why the left wants.  And unless people wake up...especially people on the right who might for some uneducated reasons support abolishing the EC...we're going to have a handful of cities in the deepest of blue states on the East and West Coast dictate to the rest of the country how things are gonna go.

The EC needs to stay...it needs to be defended and people need to be educated about it's true purpose.

Agreed.  If the POTUS election is based on popular vote alone, about 15 states (mostly between the Mississippi River and West Coast) will never get visited, or even cared about during elections.  Campaign strategies will totally focus only on high population centers
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2019, 05:36:20 pm »
Agreed.  If the POTUS election is based on popular vote alone, about 15 states (mostly between the Mississippi River and West Coast) will never get visited, or even cared about during elections.  Campaign strategies will totally focus only on high population centers

...which is precisely what the Founders wanted to prevent. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Hoodat

« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2019, 02:27:10 am »
I've always preferred keeping the EC the way it is.  If Maine wants to split their EC votes, that's there business.

Agreed.  Our Founding Fathers intended for the States to have power.  But in 1861, they lost the right to peacefully exit the Union, and in 1913, they lost their representation in the federal legislature.  If we take away the rights of the States to select our President, then there won't be any need to have states, especially when considering how the courts have denied States the right to establish their own laws by imposing their tyranny upon them with decisions like Roe and Obergefell.

The big problem I have with this NPV movement is, the State will have an election, then ignore the votes in favor of votes cast in another State.  Sounds like a violation of Equal Protection.

I would argue that any State that allows other States to choose its electors has marginalized its own voters by diluting their voting right, and thus should lose House seats in proportion to their own voting population against the national voting population.

Amendment XIV, Sec 2:
Representatives shall be apportioned among the several states according to their respective numbers, counting the whole number of persons in each state, excluding Indians not taxed. But when the right to vote at any election for the choice of electors for President and Vice President of the United States, Representatives in Congress, the executive and judicial officers of a state, or the members of the legislature thereof, is denied to any of the male inhabitants of such state, being twenty-one years of age, and citizens of the United States, or in any way abridged, except for participation in rebellion, or other crime, the basis of representation therein shall be reduced in the proportion which the number of such male citizens shall bear to the whole number of male citizens twenty-one years of age in such state.

So for example, if a State like California has 15 million voters, yet they allow 150 million national voters choose their electors, then they have effectively diluted the voting rights of their own citizens by 90%, and thus should lose 90% of their House seats.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2019, 04:08:36 am »
I think electoral college principles should be applied with even more granularity. I think the states should employ the same process internally as a bulwark against megacities controlling the state.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2019, 04:31:09 am »
While that sounds good, I wonder if there is any state that does not have illegals voting already?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2019, 04:34:23 am »
While that sounds good, I wonder if there is any state that does not have illegals voting already?

Was thinking of California...where they have made a career of it.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2019, 04:47:15 am »
...which is precisely what the Founders wanted to prevent.
Yes, they considered extensively the ins and outs of the methodology. http://teachingamericanhistory.org/convention/summary/

States have the largest role in the selection of the President by selecting the electors.

This is even more important since they no longer can select(or remove) Senators.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Idiot

« Reply #38 on: February 27, 2019, 04:51:32 am »
Doesn’t this just speed up the process since there will likely never be another republican elected to president again. /s

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #39 on: February 27, 2019, 04:53:37 am »
I think electoral college principles should be applied with even more granularity. I think the states should employ the same process internally as a bulwark against megacities controlling the state.

For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #40 on: February 27, 2019, 06:34:48 am »
Why?

It keeps the Rats busy screeching about the Need to get rid of it every time they lose because of it.

I'd rather have them dreaming that impossible dream than chasing something else they Might actually catch.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #41 on: February 27, 2019, 03:33:31 pm »
I disagree that there will never be another Republican elected to the office of president.  If the Democommies continue on the road they are on, they will not get elected any time soon. 

Right this very minute, the best the Dems are offering appears to be Bernie Sanders.  He stands zero chance of winning.  If whack jobs like him continue to carry the banner for the Dems, they will win nothing.

Our biggest problem is a Congress populated by do nothings.  The Republicans gain control and accomplish nothing.  Just no excuse for it.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #42 on: February 27, 2019, 04:30:19 pm »