Author Topic: Jay Inslee confident he can distinguish himself on climate change in 2020: 'No one can match my reco  (Read 728 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Jay Inslee confident he can distinguish himself on climate change in 2020: 'No one can match my record'
by Naomi Lim
 | February 24, 2019 02:24 PM

Washington Gov. Jay Inslee on Sunday shrugged off concerns he may struggle to differentiate himself in a crowded Democratic presidential primary field given other contenders have already begun campaigning on his key issue: Climate change.

"No, I'm not," Inslee told the Washington Examiner at the National Governors Association winter meeting in Washington, D.C. when asked whether he was worried about the competition. "I feel very confident in this because no one can match my record of co-authoring a book on the subject, co-authoring legislation on the subject, starting the Sustainable Energy Caucus in the House, forming the United States Climate Alliance nationally. That is an unparalleled and unique record to run on."

Inslee told CBS News' "Face the Nation" he may announce his decision regarding 2020 as soon as this week, and could be joined by prominent environmental movement leader Michael Bloomberg, the billionaire former mayor of New York City.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/jay-inslee-confident-he-can-distinguish-himself-on-climate-change-in-2020-no-one-can-match-my-record
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
I am certain that he can distinguish himself as a climate change extremist. 

I wonder if the Green extremists joining with Native Americans have a war on Buffalo farts also?

Soon it will be do bears crap in the woods?
« Last Edit: February 25, 2019, 05:15:00 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

If he really was concerned about the environment they would stop the chemicals used in Marijuana cultivation.  It is polluting the air.  It is leeching into streams and ultimately Puget Sound.  It is putting our wildlife in danger and causing all kinds of environmental damage.   Our salmon also.

The Landscape-Scarring, Energy-Sucking, Wildlife-Killing Reality of Pot Farming

This is your wilderness on drugs.

https://www.calsalmon.org/resources/environmental-impacts-marijuana-cultivation
marijuana

https://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2014/07/22/2-arrested-following-illegal--grow-operation-bust-near-santa-cruz-waterway-salmon-steelhead-endangered-pot-cannabis/

Josh HarkinsonMarch/April 2014 Issue   

scattering of garbage bags disemboweled by animals, we find the growers’ tarps and eight dingy sleeping bags, the propane grill where they had cooked oatmeal for breakfast, and the backpack sprayers they used to douse the surrounding 50 acres with chemical fertilizers and pesticides. The air smells faintly of ammonia and weed. “This is unicorns and rainbows, isn’t it?” says Mourad Gabriel, a former University of California-Davis wildlife ecologist who has joined us at the site, as he maniacally stuffs a garbage bag with empty booze bottles, Vienna Beef sausage tins, and Miracle-Gro refill packs.

https://www.motherjones.com/environment/2014/03/marijuana-weed-pot-farming-environmental-impacts/

But lets not secure the border and stop the people coming across and setting up illegal grow operations in California.

Paraquat anyone?

I live near grow operations in Washington.  You can smell the smell of marijuana mixed with chemical in the air.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2019, 06:49:17 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

****sheep****

Not looking good Jay.

Eco side effects of drugs

By Amy Wacholz

Green Lifestyle

Illegal drug use has a considerable social impact on individuals, friendships, and families – and also for the wider world. Here’s an eye-opening rundown of the environmental impacts of growing and making illegal drugs.

https://www.greenlifestylemag.com.au/features/20293/eco-side-effects-drugs

And then there is the environmental impact of illegal immigration itself.  What about this Governor?

Trash at the Border Highlights the Environmental Cost of Illegal Immigration

By Matthew Sussis on September 19, 2018

Several weeks ago, various members of the media attacked Tucker Carlson for saying, "I hate litter, which is one of the reasons I'm so against illegal immigration." Some journalists jumped to vilify Carlson, suggesting that he was referring to the illegal aliens themselves as human "litter". These journalists are perhaps unaware of the environmental problems presented by the garbage left on our southern border.

Indeed, one of the most direct environmental impacts of illegal immigration is one that's clearly observable to anyone who lives at the southwest border — the thousands of pounds of trash that are discarded and left behind by aliens and their hired human smugglers.

Perhaps the state hardest hit by trash at the border is Arizona, which shares 370 miles of border with Mexico. Behind only the Rio Grande Valley in Texas, Tucson, Ariz., is consistently the sector of the border with the highest number of Border Patrol apprehensions.

The Arizona Department of Environmental Quality (ADEQ) estimates that over 2,000 tons of trash are discarded at the Arizona border every year. As a consequence, the department established a website entitled "Arizona Border Trash" in 2012 to coordinate and keep track of the state's trash cleanup operations. According to ADEQ, each ton of trash requires landfill fees of $37 to $49, which are footed by Arizona taxpayers. That does not include fees for materials, transportation, or labor. ADEQ further estimates that each border-crosser leaves an average of six to eight pounds of trash behind.

https://cis.org/Sussis/Trash-Border-Highlights-Environmental-Cost-Illegal-Immigration

Offline Chosen Daughter

Global Warming and Marijuana Legalization

Indoor Growing Electricity Consumption – Marijuana eradication efforts have also pushed many growers indoors, where they run up massive electric bills on lighting, fans and air filters. A single standard grow house is estimated to consume 20 times as much as an average household. In California alone, electricity used for marijuana cultivation is estimated at 3% of the state’s total.

Opposition to Electricity Record-keeping – Illegal indoor marijuana growers have blocked California's efforts to disclose information about household electricity use. Since law enforcement routinely uses electricity consumption to find indoor marijuana grow sites, growers vigorously oppose California's efforts to increase the transparency of electricity use at the household level. Researchers have determined that while the majority of the public supports increased transparency, growers have blocked these efforts.

Global Warming and the War on Drugs

In 2007, the Nobel Peace Prize was awarded to Al Gore, former Vice President of the United States, for his work in alerting the world to the imminent threat of global climate change and his motion picture, An Inconvenient Truth. Gore argues that the people of the world have a moral duty to stop this climate change. The thrust of his analysis is the introduction of "greenhouse" gases through the use of hydrocarbon fuels is leading to an increase in the average temperature of the planet. This is most dramatically observed in the melting of glaciers and polar ice.

News about the climate change, as well as the human impact on it, is now posted in many major media websites, and has now been accepted by over 97% of all climate scientists, according to NASA.

But even if we heed Gore's advice and reduce our carbon emissions, we will not solve the problem in itself. In October 2007, the United Kingdom's Prince Charles addressed the World Wildlife Federation and noted that rainforests, such as that of the Amazon, are the natural "thermostats" that "regulate our climate...to a degree that is all but impossible to imagine."

On October 29, 2007, Prof. James Lovelock told the Royal Society that even stopping the growth in the emission of greenhouse gases will be inadequate to stop global climate change because the computer models of climate change focus on greenhouse gases to the exclusion of deforestation and other factors.

But destruction of the Amazon rainforest continues. Between 2000 and 2010, deforestation claimed an area the size of the United Kingdom. Experts at the Nature Conservancy of Brazil attribute a large part of the Amazon deforestation to soybean cultivation.

However, the U.S. Department of State attributed 25 percent of all Amazon deforestation in the 20th Century to coca cultivation - some 2.3 million hectares, according to Rand Beers, then Assistant Secretary of State for International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Affairs. National Geographic shows a similar trend in recent years.

https://www.cjpf.org/global-warming

Offline kevindavis007

I am certain that he can distinguish himself as a climate change extremist. 

I wonder if the Green extremists joining with Native Americans have a war on Buffalo farts also?

Soon it will be do bears crap in the woods?

The same Native Americans who chased the Buffalo off the cliff and only used a few?
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline Chosen Daughter

The same Native Americans who chased the Buffalo off the cliff and only used a few?

This insanity reminds me of a book they had in the Pediatricians office when my kids were small.  It was called everyone poops.  Every animal poops.  Its just that we now have animal racism.