Author Topic: Facebook Bans Human Rights Activist for Commemorating Christians Slaughtered by ISIS  (Read 463 times)

rangerrebew

Facebook Bans Human Rights Activist for Commemorating Christians Slaughtered by ISIS
By Tyler O'Neil February 19, 2019

ISIS video screenshot with the names of martyrs added. This is the photo Facebook banned Faith McDonnell over.

Last week, Facebook permanently banned a human rights activist right after she updated her profile picture to commemorate 21 African Christians slaughtered by the Islamic State (ISIS). Inspired by the new book The 21: A Journey into the Land of Coptic Martyrs, she featured the photo on February 15, the fourth anniversary of their tragic deaths. Minutes later, she lost her Facebook account.

"It happened within 10 minutes of me posting that photo that they logged me out and when I tried to get back on, bam!" Faith McDonnell, director of the international religious liberty program and church alliance for a new Sudan at the Institute for Religion and Democracy (IRD), told PJ Media.

https://pjmedia.com/trending/facebook-bans-human-rights-activist-for-commemorating-christians-slaughtered-by-isis/

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Got to ask:
Who's winning...?

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
The ban has been lifted. The link has the update.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis