Author Topic: Trump: Chances he'll veto resolution blocking emergency declaration '100 percent'  (Read 222 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump: Chances he'll veto resolution blocking emergency declaration '100 percent'
by Melissa Quinn
 | February 22, 2019 03:47 PM

President Trump on Friday said he would “100 percent” veto a resolution from Congress blocking his national emergency declaration diverting funds for construction of a border wall.

“One hundred percent,” Trump told reporters when asked whether he would veto the measure. “And I don’t think it survives a veto. We have too many smart people that want border security, so I can’t imagine it will survive a veto. I will veto it, yes.”

Trump is asked by reporters what he will do if Congress passes a resolution terminating his national emergency.

"I will veto it 100 percent," he responded. pic.twitter.com/cVaJS0cvwV
    — Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) February 22, 2019

Trump last week announced his decision to declare a national emergency, which allows him to bypass Congress and redirect money to build a wall along the U.S.-Mexico border.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/trump-chances-hell-veto-resolution-blocking-emergency-declaration-100-percent
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34