Author Topic: Dems seize on Times bombshell to push allegations of Trump obstruction  (Read 416 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Dems seize on Times bombshell to push allegations of Trump obstruction
By Olivia Beavers and Brett Samuels - 02/20/19 05:44 PM EST

Democrats are seizing on a bombshell New York Times report as further evidence that President Trump may have sought to obstruct justice in investigations of his campaign and administration.

The Times reported Tuesday that the president asked then-acting Attorney General Matthew Whitaker late last year to put U.S. Attorney Geoffrey Berman in charge of the investigation into Trump's former lawyer Michael Cohen. Cohen pleaded guilty last year to bank fraud, tax fraud and making payments to silence women alleging that they had affairs with Trump.

Berman, an ally of Trump who donated to his 2016 campaign, had recused himself from the case, and Whitaker did not act on Trump's request, according to the report — which Trump has denied.

Democrats claim it is just the latest example of Trump trying to sway an investigation by influencing the investigator.

“If [the Times report is] true, I cannot understand what other motive there would be for putting someone like Mr. Berman in charge of these investigations other than to kind of help steer the prosecution in a way that’s more favorable to Mr. Trump,” Rep. Raja Krishnamoorthi (D-Ill.) told The Hill.

more
https://thehill.com/policy/national-security/430859-dems-seize-on-times-bombshell-to-push-allegations-of-trump
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline bilo

Re: Dems seize on Times bombshell to push allegations of Trump obstruction
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2019, 12:12:49 am »
New York Times report

All I had to see to know this is garbage.

It's such a shame the media have become propagandists for the left. I don't know if the republic will survive.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2019, 12:15:25 am »
Dems seize on fake news.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline skeeter

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2019, 12:20:36 am »
The news media have become more than partisan purveyors of fake news. I'm not sure what to call them now.

Online andy58-in-nh

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2019, 12:27:09 am »
The news media have become more than partisan purveyors of fake news. I'm not sure what to call them now.

"All the propaganda that fits, we print".   
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn