Author Topic: HAMMER: Roberts And Kavanaugh’s Death Penalty Betrayal Again Shows Why Conservatives Never Win The L  (Read 6857 times)

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

While anyone has the right to jump into the middle of an ongoing conversation @IsailedawayfromFR this is an example of why it's usually not a good idea.

Go back and read the thread.  You'll better understand my comments after you do.

If you don't .... you're on your own.
This thread is open for all.

I do not see a relevant answer from you, so your argument must be rejected.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online roamer_1

I’m sorry to bring this part up, but I don’t think children should see that sort of thing. I find it upsetting myself, I can only imagine what those images can do to a small child. Do we want to raise our children into that universe? Is that the kind of world we want to build for the future? Or, is there another way?

Yes, man fell from grace; the Bible tells me that sin is in our nature. But, there must be room for goodness, cooperation, compassion, sympathy in this world, even in the heart of sinful mankind.

The Bible also purposefully used stoning for capital punishment. No clean firing squads behind prison walls... Every man and woman was required to pick up a stone. Why do you suppose that was?

Online roamer_1

Well, don't let the kiddies watch.
We used to limit children's exposure to violence, drugs, drunks, and other seedier things in our world.

They can always sit in front of the TV or read the walls in the can at Walmart.  (/sarc, sorta)

But as far as the worst of the worst criminals go, when those murdering SOBs are gone, there will be a little more room for goodness, cooperation, compassion, and sympathy in the world.

I dunno... I think it fairly important that the kids watch. That they see justice performed with their own eyes... while young and impressionable. Technically, right now they sit in front of the TV and see far, far worse things.

Online roamer_1

I don't think the death penalty should be eliminated .... nor do I think we need a fast lane.

I think we need to make absolutely shit sure certain the state is killing someone based on complete and uncontested evidence @roamer_1   An "oopsie" every now and then after the needle is injected should not be built into expectations and tolerated.  Not only does this conflict with the conservative promise to protective the right to life and liberty, it is barbaric.

Your feeeeelings about it aside, @Right_in_Virginia , there is no such thing as 'absolutely shit sure'. There is at the time, no doubt. But as discoveries in DNA have proven after-the-fact, sometimes 'absolutely-shit-sure' was wrong.

The point of our departure in this @Right_in_Virginia (you and I), is that I will not second-guess the work of those 12 men. They did as they saw fit, and to their eyes it WAS 'absolutely shit sure'. That is the point at which the rubber hits the road, and we can see that sometimes it is wrong. Like I said, I can live with that. It is a statistical surety. There will be mistakes.