Author Topic: Trump administration launches global effort to end criminalization of homosexuality  (Read 5255 times)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I get why you support it and I am legitimately not knocking you, but you do see the slippery slope between trying to establish global rights and a one world government, right? Maybe I've incorrectly assumed how many people here have a serious issue with that and see it as the ultimate threat.
Wow, @Dexter , there's hope for you after all. You get it. The establishment of any "global" authority subverts the sovereignty of every nation, not just our own, and makes us all subject to authority we did not elect nor approve.

That's on any subject, not just this.

I wonder if Trump was just testing the waters to see if the left would oppose this, too, just because he said it. After all the homolobby are a pet liberal cause, but even this won't curry favor from the Left, and won't go over so well with the straight Right who is getting tired of everything being saturated with preferential privileges for perversions.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis