General Category > Sports/Entertainment/MSM/Social Media

Memorable Movie Moments - Favorites

<< < (36/42) > >>

DCPatriot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWBXov2nlw4

JUSTIFIED - All Raylan's pistol duels -COMPILATION. long

Texas Yellow Rose:

--- Quote from: jafo2010 on February 16, 2021, 01:45:39 am ---John Wayne, he was my favorite actor as a child all the way through until adulthood.  He was great.  Everything he did, I enjoyed.

Perhaps his most impressionable movie for me as a young boy was the Flying Tigers.  Read the book by Col Scott if I recall when I was very young.  Loved this movie.  Could watch it 100 times and never tire of it.  For me, it was about bravery, men who went to war to fight the Japs when they did not need to do so.

Right behind it, The Fighting Seabees, which again honored brave men.  It was John Wayne at his best.

And there were other WWII movies with Wayne, and I loved them all.

in 1952, he made what I consider his best movie, The Quiet Man.  John Wayne and Maureen O'Hara were excellent together in this movie, which spawned others.  All the actors in this movie were in great form.  Since I had Irish ancestors on both sides of my family, my own paternal grandfather from Ireland to the USA in 1920, it was that much more endearing.

So many movies he made that I enjoyed.  The Horse Soldiers, North to Alaska, The Searchers, In Harm's Way, True Grit, Rooster Cogburn, The Shootist, and many others.

And a special mention to The Cowboys, which I thought was a special story, for it was Wayne and a bunch of kids, and the story came across very real and dramatic.

--- End quote ---
They were all great!! I agree.

libertybele:

--- Quote from: Texas Yellow Rose on November 04, 2022, 11:48:46 pm ---They were all great!! I agree.

--- End quote ---

Definitely John Wayne was one of my favorites too and I still enjoy his movies!

Texas Yellow Rose:

--- Quote from: libertybele on November 05, 2022, 12:13:28 am ---Definitely John Wayne was one of my favorites too and I still enjoy his movies!

--- End quote ---

I enjoy them all.  I just recently watched Flying Tigers in order to see Anna Lee (also known as Lila Quartermaine on General Hospital).  She was always known as such a fine lady by all the cast members.

GtHawk:

--- Quote from: libertybele on November 05, 2022, 12:13:28 am ---Definitely John Wayne was one of my favorites too and I still enjoy his movies!

--- End quote ---
While his war movies and shall we say serious westerns were great I have a special place for The Quiet Man, McClintock and Hatari.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version