Author Topic: Memorable Movie Moments - Favorites  (Read 79860 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: Memorable Movie Moments - Favorites
« Reply #175 on: November 04, 2022, 08:49:06 pm »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWBXov2nlw4

JUSTIFIED - All Raylan's pistol duels -COMPILATION. long
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
« Reply #176 on: November 04, 2022, 11:48:46 pm »
John Wayne, he was my favorite actor as a child all the way through until adulthood.  He was great.  Everything he did, I enjoyed.

Perhaps his most impressionable movie for me as a young boy was the Flying Tigers.  Read the book by Col Scott if I recall when I was very young.  Loved this movie.  Could watch it 100 times and never tire of it.  For me, it was about bravery, men who went to war to fight the Japs when they did not need to do so.

Right behind it, The Fighting Seabees, which again honored brave men.  It was John Wayne at his best.

And there were other WWII movies with Wayne, and I loved them all.

in 1952, he made what I consider his best movie, The Quiet Man.  John Wayne and Maureen O'Hara were excellent together in this movie, which spawned others.  All the actors in this movie were in great form.  Since I had Irish ancestors on both sides of my family, my own paternal grandfather from Ireland to the USA in 1920, it was that much more endearing.

So many movies he made that I enjoyed.  The Horse Soldiers, North to Alaska, The Searchers, In Harm's Way, True Grit, Rooster Cogburn, The Shootist, and many others.

And a special mention to The Cowboys, which I thought was a special story, for it was Wayne and a bunch of kids, and the story came across very real and dramatic.
They were all great!! I agree.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #177 on: November 05, 2022, 12:13:28 am »
They were all great!! I agree.

Definitely John Wayne was one of my favorites too and I still enjoy his movies!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
« Reply #178 on: November 05, 2022, 01:12:20 am »

I enjoy them all.  I just recently watched Flying Tigers in order to see Anna Lee (also known as Lila Quartermaine on General Hospital).  She was always known as such a fine lady by all the cast members.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #179 on: November 05, 2022, 01:47:55 am »
While his war movies and shall we say serious westerns were great I have a special place for The Quiet Man, McClintock and Hatari.

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #180 on: November 05, 2022, 04:07:54 am »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWBXov2nlw4

JUSTIFIED - All Raylan's pistol duels -COMPILATION. long
Nicely done, that sent me down the rabbit hole.   888high58888
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #181 on: November 07, 2022, 12:55:00 am »
The Sting  -  Poker Game

Paul Newman & Robert Shaw

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline EdinVA

Online Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
« Reply #183 on: November 07, 2022, 01:58:01 am »
The jump - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24p16EEfdg8&t=3s

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #184 on: November 07, 2022, 02:18:57 am »
First I want to say that I love John Wayne and all his movies...I have them All!...but I also love Jane Austin and Pride and Prejudice...I think I have seen all movie versions of it..this clip here is my fav....be still my heart!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APGjJO3e1Zg&ab_channel=RosaAndreaJaramillo
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #185 on: November 07, 2022, 02:25:54 am »
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #186 on: November 07, 2022, 02:38:37 am »
...but I also love Jane Austin and Pride and Prejudice...I think I have seen all movie versions of it..this clip here is my fav....be still my heart!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APGjJO3e1Zg&ab_channel=RosaAndreaJaramillo

This whole version ws my favorite -- by far.   happy77

Online Hoodat

« Reply #187 on: November 07, 2022, 02:41:42 am »
@mystery-ak

My favorite Pride & Prejudice scene:

Click link below video to FF to 4:50 mark

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-pC9mQJ4wI&t=290s
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #188 on: November 07, 2022, 02:54:45 am »
@mystery-ak

My favorite Pride & Prejudice scene:

Click link below video to FF to 4:50 mark

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-pC9mQJ4wI&t=290s

LOL..that is another good scene...I love how Lizzie mouths to her father *don't leave*..lol
Support the USO

Online Hoodat

« Reply #189 on: November 07, 2022, 03:04:01 am »
Kiera Knightly did such an awesome job.  Her character's command of the English language is pure poetry.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #190 on: April 25, 2023, 10:35:26 pm »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTLmhegOHBE

One of the best movies out there today!

You'll watch it more than once!

"Bob" (Tom Hardy) is the enigmatic bartender at this cousin Marv's (James Gandolfini) bar which is a "DROP BAR" for illegal gambling/book, etc..

@Hoodat

Please try this one out and let me know what you think.  I've watched it at least 3 times already since last Fall.   :laugh:

It's James Gandolfino's last role and he's superb!   But IMO, Tom Hardy is jaw-dropping. Even Matthias Schoenaerts will now look familiar to you, (Roman in The Mustang-2019)

Noomi Rapace...the cast speaks volumes.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2023, 01:56:04 am by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #191 on: June 23, 2023, 12:56:57 am »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yJ0ciNquuM

LOL!  This ain't the bleep Bonnie buys when she goes shopping!  This is gourmet coffee! 

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #192 on: June 23, 2023, 01:47:38 am »
Gary Oldman interview on "True Romance"

@Hoodat

Wish we saw eye-to-eye a bit more on the board.  LOL...had no idea you're like me dissecting movies...roles...performances, etc..

Even the music when Clarence's pink Caddie parks across the street from Drexel's Club...the driving beat of the music...it's magic!

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #193 on: July 10, 2023, 02:32:01 pm »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7tGEEWQIhQ

Clear and Present Danger

"..don't bark at me like some junkyard dog!  I am the President of the United States!!"

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #194 on: October 24, 2023, 11:35:34 pm »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Zo7I3cRGYU&t=15s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPLimHzLDBw

These 2 scenes from "The Pope of Greenwich Village", starring

Mickey Rourke, Eric Roberts, Burt Young, Geraldine Page, M. Emmett Walsh, Daryl Hannah, Kenneth McMillan!!!

One of my personal TOP TEN movies and grabbed right from the Opening Soundtrack of Frank Sinatra of "SUMMER WIND".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DopzOCeKJc

If you haven't seen it, you're in for a treat.

Online DCPatriot

Online DCPatriot

Online DCPatriot

Online DCPatriot

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #199 on: October 27, 2023, 07:21:41 pm »